IT Officer/Computer Trainer (Polytechnic University)(1282 Views)
About UMASS - USWDP
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is designed to help Afghanistan’s higher education professionals effectively manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. USWDP will improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and up to 10 public universities. It will help the MoHE implement key strategies designed to ensure quality education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women and will enable universities to manage and expand education resources in ways that encourage effective governance structures. It also will assist in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The IT Officer/Computer Trainer will be stationed at USWDP Career Center established in the target university. She/he will work under the supervision of Career Center Coordinator. The IT Officer/Computer Trainer has the overall responsibility to establish and maintain the USWDP Career Center organizational IT infrastructure & conduct Computer Training programs under the direction of the Career Center Coordinator. The IT Officer will be responsible to design and deliver Computer (Office Package) training program to third year students of Target University and enable them to gain skills and compete in the job market. He/she will create an Alumni database to be used for students tracking purposes at university level. USWDP Career Center is equipped with all necessary IT facilities and IT Officer/Computer Trainer will be responsible for the overall management and maintenance of those facilities. He/she have to communicate IT related problems with USWDP IT team and coordinate Alumni database with relevant University’s IT department. In addition, the IT Officer/Computer Trainer will facilitate all IT related matters of Academic Performance and Organizational Performance of USWDP in the target University.
|Date Posted:||08 Jan 2017||Reference:||298|
|Closing Date:||11 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Main Key Responsibilities:
The USWDP IT officer/Computer Trainer will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Maintenance, Installation and Configuration of different devices i.e., Printers, Wireless access points, Routers, MS Outlook & Office365.
• Have strong network knowledge, solving problems of OS system (Windows 07, 08).
• Perform regular software, Operating system and anti-virus updates.
• Be responsible for monitoring IT equipment at the field office.
• Make a log and documentation of any Internet Issues (connectivity change, breakdown, equipment change) & report to Field Office Coordinator.
• Report to USWDP main Office IT department on Quarterly basis and discuss the serious issues and problems.
• Prepare access database for the university Alumni.
• Reporting any other IT related issue.
• Facilitate IT related matters of other USWDP OP/AP departments in the field office and university. Mainly, work with System Development and Academic Quality & Planning departments of USWDP on their work on upgrading IT system at the universities and facilitating faculty access to authorized digital libraries.
Computer Training Responsibilities:
• Design, plan, prepare, organize, and deliver computer lessons to USWDP target students at the University.
• Prepare teaching materials and delivering computer hardware and software programs (MS office 2007, 2010 & 2013, Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw, windows 7 & 8).
• Basic Hardware, basic networking and installation of operating system short courses.
• Maintain students’ record regularly and provide class report.
• Brief and instruct end-users on new technologies, software programs & applications.
• Train and instruct students, learners and end-users in computer operations.
• Increases efficient use of equipment and software by developing and conducting hardware and software training for users.
• Undertake other tasks as assigned by the Senior Manager, DCoP- Organizational Performance or Chief of Party.
• University Degree in information Technology.
• Four to five years of relevant work experience, particularly experience in teaching computer classes.
• Experience in networking environment of wireless & LAN Network environment.
• Computer Hardware & A++ knowledge.
• Level IV English Language Literacy Certified.
• Demonstrate a strong sense of team work, as well as the ability to take initiative and work independently when required.
• Have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work in a client oriented manner.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
1. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Please include names and contacts for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|IT Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||18 Jan 2017|
|Re- Announced Database Administrator (DBA) at NETLINKS||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|IT Officer at MiDS Consulting||Kabul||18 Jan 2017|