Finance Assistant(3054 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
Provide support to the country office in the preparation and finalization of financial transactions, journalization, and liquidation of payments and facilitate the timely transfer of funds. Provide assistance to national and international staff and non-staff on issues related to financial matters.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
The goal of WHO's presence in countries, territories and areas is to develop a two-way collaboration between the Secretariat and countries, territories and areas, by supporting them to reach national health goals and contribute to global and regional public health action. WHO utilizes the Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS), a key element of the Country Focus strategy, as a strategic management tool to create synergy and alignment between WHO leadership priorities and national health policies, strategies and plans as well as United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF). Creating this synergy and alignment will be essential to advance WHO’s organizational effectiveness and ensure WHO’s relevance at country level.
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative assistant and general guidance of the Administrative Officer, Polio team member; guidance is provided in the form of work programme, account guidelines, administrative and financial instructions. Supervisor/s and lead-worker/s determine priorities on the basis of changing and ad-hoc requirements. Incumbent performs day-to-day routine tasks independently. Complex issues or exceptions from established procedures are discussed and resolved with supervisor. Limited interpretation is involved in determining appropriate methods for processing of the various accounting tasks and in adapting established practices to assigned work. Complete work is reviewed by supervisor (s) for accuracy, adherence to the established procedures and deadlines.
|Date Posted:||08 Jan 2017||Reference:||WHOAFG-2017-01-09|
|Closing Date:||21 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||1616 to 1616 USD|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for WCO and sub- offices related to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received in compliance with established rules and procedures.
2. Process e-Imprest transactions and monitor Imprest GL’s including processing and reviewing of purchase orders for services – Imprest, DFC’s, GES and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records.
3. Reconcile country office cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis. Update and maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions.
4. Effect cash payments to meeting participants, obtain necessary signatures and ensure completion of supporting documents.
5. Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates.
6. Prepare financial tables and reports. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.
7. Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Very good organizational skills.
- Proven knowledge of banking regulations and local laws
- Good analytical and effective communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of the organization's policies and regulations in general, and in particular, regarding project activities and financial procedures is an asset.
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Team work
3) Communicating in a credible and effective way
4) Moving forward in a changing environment.
5) Effective use of resources
Essential: Completion of secondary education; training in business administration/commerce and or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
Desirable: Bachelor degree in business administration, commerce, accounting, social sciences or other related field is an asset.
Essential: 2-4 years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local language.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
- WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualified female candidate will be given preference.
Afghanistan - Kandahar
High School, Account/Finance
Interested applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2017-01-09) with their curriculum vitae along with cover letter and National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
|More jobs in this category|
|Chief Finance Officer at Qasemi Group of Companies||Kabul||21 Apr 2018|
|Finance Assistant at UN-Habitat||Kabul||06 Mar 2018|
|PPP Finance Analyst for ACAA at Directorate General Public Private Partne..||Kabul||07 Mar 2018|
|Finance Officer at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Program Management Off..||Kabul||06 Mar 2018|
|General Financial Manager at Aziz Group||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Finance Officer at Aziz Group||Badakhshan||08 Mar 2018|
|Project Finance Controller at Huawei Technologies Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Mar 2018|
|Finance Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services..||Herat||26 Feb 2018|
|Sr. Public Financial Management Specialist (B.. at UMASS - USWDP||Balkh||26 Feb 2018|
|Account Payable Officer at MSI:A||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Finance Director at MSI:A||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Finance Expert for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||01 Mar 2018|
|Senior AFMIS Officer for MoMP/Finance and Acc.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||01 Mar 2018|
|Senior Finance Officer at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Cashier at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|intern (Finance) at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Finance and Liaison Assistant at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Inventory and Stock Officer at Faizi Masroor Construction Company||Kabul||11 Mar 2018|
|Internal Audit Officer at FMFB||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|