Finance Assistant(2159 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
Provide support to the country office in the preparation and finalization of financial transactions, journalization, and liquidation of payments and facilitate the timely transfer of funds. Provide assistance to national and international staff and non-staff on issues related to financial matters.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
The goal of WHO's presence in countries, territories and areas is to develop a two-way collaboration between the Secretariat and countries, territories and areas, by supporting them to reach national health goals and contribute to global and regional public health action. WHO utilizes the Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS), a key element of the Country Focus strategy, as a strategic management tool to create synergy and alignment between WHO leadership priorities and national health policies, strategies and plans as well as United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF). Creating this synergy and alignment will be essential to advance WHO’s organizational effectiveness and ensure WHO’s relevance at country level.
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative assistant and general guidance of the Administrative Officer, Polio team member; guidance is provided in the form of work programme, account guidelines, administrative and financial instructions. Supervisor/s and lead-worker/s determine priorities on the basis of changing and ad-hoc requirements. Incumbent performs day-to-day routine tasks independently. Complex issues or exceptions from established procedures are discussed and resolved with supervisor. Limited interpretation is involved in determining appropriate methods for processing of the various accounting tasks and in adapting established practices to assigned work. Complete work is reviewed by supervisor (s) for accuracy, adherence to the established procedures and deadlines.
|Date Posted:||08 Jan 2017||Reference:||WHOAFG-2017-01-09|
|Closing Date:||21 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||1616 to 1616 USD|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for WCO and sub- offices related to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received in compliance with established rules and procedures.
2. Process e-Imprest transactions and monitor Imprest GL’s including processing and reviewing of purchase orders for services – Imprest, DFC’s, GES and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records.
3. Reconcile country office cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis. Update and maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions.
4. Effect cash payments to meeting participants, obtain necessary signatures and ensure completion of supporting documents.
5. Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates.
6. Prepare financial tables and reports. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.
7. Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Very good organizational skills.
- Proven knowledge of banking regulations and local laws
- Good analytical and effective communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of the organization's policies and regulations in general, and in particular, regarding project activities and financial procedures is an asset.
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Team work
3) Communicating in a credible and effective way
4) Moving forward in a changing environment.
5) Effective use of resources
Essential: Completion of secondary education; training in business administration/commerce and or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
Desirable: Bachelor degree in business administration, commerce, accounting, social sciences or other related field is an asset.
Essential: 2-4 years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local language.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
- WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualified female candidate will be given preference.
Afghanistan - Kandahar
High School, Account/Finance
Interested applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2017-01-09) with their curriculum vitae along with cover letter and National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
|More jobs in this category|
|Financial Management Officer at Afghanistan Independent Land Authority||Kabul||11 Mar 2017|
|Admin/Finance Assistant at Afghan Star Medical Equipment||Kabul||10 Mar 2017|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at Afghanistan Independent Land Au..||Kabul||11 Mar 2017|
|Tax Officer at Investone Corps Inc||Kabul||13 Mar 2017|
|Admin/Finance Assistant at AAIP ( Ministry of Agriculture )||Nangarhar||11 Mar 2017|
|رئیس مالی و اداری at DABS||Kabul||08 Mar 2017|
|Chief Financial Officer at DABS||Kabul||08 Mar 2017|
|Accountant - Account Receivable at MTN Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|ACCA Trainer at ESO||Kabul||07 Mar 2017|
|Financial Management Specialist at Directorate General Public Private Par..||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|Accounts Data Entry Operator at Insta Telecom||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Finance Officer at BlueRay Technologies||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|مدیر محاسبه پوهنتون آریا.. at Ariana University||Kabul||30 Mar 2017|
|Financial Analyst at Office of the Economic Advisor to the President of A..||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Administration, Finance and Human Resources D.. at Harakat- Afghanistan I..||Kabul||08 Mar 2017|
|Teller (Cashier) at Afghanistan Commercial bank||Herat||28 Feb 2017|
|Senior Public Financial Management Specialist at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Nangarhar||28 Feb 2017|
|Senior Public Financial Management Specialist at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Herat||28 Feb 2017|
|Senior Public Financial Management Specialist at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Balkh||28 Feb 2017|
|Senior Public Financial Management Specialist at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kandahar||28 Feb 2017|
|Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Harakat- Afghanistan Investment Climate ..||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|