The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, interalia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, interalia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, interalia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||09 Jan 2017||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/85|
|Closing Date:||16 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
This support will include but not limited to:
• Answer telephone and provide information to callers;
• Attention to detail and convey messages when and where required;
• Welcome visitors entering the project and direct them to correct destination;
• Deal with queries from the visitors and or callers;
• Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of the project;
• General administrative and clerical support;
• Prepare letters and documents;
• Maintain the proper and required filing system and file all correspondences;
• Receive and sort mail and deliveries;
• Maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically and schedule appointments accordingly;
• Organize meetings;
• Keep clean, in order and maintain the reception area; and
• Perform other tasks assigned by Senior Admin/Logistic Officer
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Candidates must have achieved a Bachelor Degree with 2 years relevant experience or Baccalaureate with 4 years relevant working experience.
Proficient in MS Office applications, databases, and backups.
Must be fluent in English and both national languages
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
High School, General
Send your CV to:
On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
Please send your CV to both email address.
Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for written test .
The Subject Line Must be reference number
|More jobs in this category|
|Translator and Newsletter Writer Re Ad at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jan 2017|
|Tax Administration Advisor at APFM||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Administration Manager at Investone Corps Inc||Kabul||21 Jan 2017|
|National Administrative & Finance Assistant at Food and Agriculture Organ..||Kabul||24 Jan 2017|
|Admin Officer (National) for MoMP/TAPI at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum||Kabul||22 Jan 2017|
|Receptionist (Female) at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|Cook - آشپز (Guesthouse) at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Jan 2017|
|آمر آبرسانی ولایتی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and ..||Jawzjan||17 Jan 2017|