Marketing Manager(758 Views)
About Afghanistan Cricket Board
The Afghanistan Cricket Board was established in 2001. It is an independent and specialized organization in the field of Cricket and act as leading organization for cricket. It works for the development of cricket and players in the country and organizes different formats of opportunities aiming to improve cricket and support players. ACB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience
The principal responsibility of the Marketing Manager is to develop and implement an integrated Marketing Plan that delivers all of Afghanistan cricket’s business and marketing objectives. The role involves responsibility for brand marketing, donors and sponsors and delivery of communications which will help cricket to become more popular and grow up in Afghanistan.
The Marketing Manager will be dynamic, innovative and proactive in seeking out potential opportunities for marketing as well as sponsors and donors and improvement of relationship with external parties.
The media manager will report to Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
|Date Posted:||10 Jan 2017||Reference:||003-2017|
|Closing Date:||17 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsibility for implementing strategic goals of the ACB in terms of marketing action plan for marketing and sponsorship of the game development of cricket in Afghanistan as well as, improvement of marketing with innovations and creation of comprehensive opportunities.
• Marketing of cricket towards our vision of being a mainstream sport in Afghanistan.
• Managing and implementing the promotional and marketing strategy for all
International and domestic matches and other events staged under the
auspices of ACB.
• Grow online revenues through the relationship with new and existing
Partners including online advertising, merchandising.
• Coordinate the production of all ACB publications including the
Annual Report, Annual Magazine, match brochures, fixture cards, and membership cards
• Overall responsibility for managing ticketing arrangements for all major home
Matches and international events.
• Responsibility for reviewing and amending that marketing and sponsorship plan on a 6 monthly basis in collaboration with the CAO.
• Planning and implementing promotional campaigns
• Preparing online and print marketing campaigns
• Responsibility for managing all ACB Marketing, Sponsorship issues.
• Regular collaboration with the ACB Finance Manager as necessary.
Public Affairs and Communications
• Enhancing the reputation of ACB as an organization
• Helping to promote ACB’s image and reputation to the public, and inform ACB management staff and stakeholders about what is happening within the organization
• Continuously improving relationships and communication within the ACB family build rapport with employees, customers, investors, or the general public
• Maximizing public support for cricket through effective communication ensuring public interest in cricket increases year by year
• Sponsor and Donor Management
• Executing the actions of the sponsorship strategic plan with specified timelines
• Full relationship management responsibility, in collaboration with the CEO, with all sponsor partners and donors
• Initiate contact with potential partners, schedule meetings, implement follow-up strategies and coordinate internal office procedures to ensure potential sponsorships are realized
• Establish and maintain a potential and actual sponsor and donor’s database
• Co-ordinate all contract negotiations and coordinate with donors for the final contract signing process.
• Ensure that all sponsor and donor benefits are measured against committed outcomes
• Complete regular sponsor-partner reviews.
• Strategic Communications
o Ensure cricket’s stakeholders are kept informed about the game
o Increase support for the game and enhancing the reputation of ACB
o Maintain a strong relationship with cricket players
• To perform any other task may assign by line manager.
• The marketing manager may be required to travel extensively around the country and sometimes internationally.
• Must be able to travel and balance work/life priorities.
• Experience in dealing with media organizations is desirable
• Able to write professional sports sponsorship proposals.
• Experienced and skilled at presenting to senior leaders, in writing and orally.
• Ability to work with business leads and creative teams to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
• Passion for sport and understanding of cricket
• Familiarity with ICC rules and regulations
• Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned partners
• Master degree in Business marketing with 3-year relevant experience
• Bachelor degree with 5 years relevant work experience
• Strong understanding of social marketing
• Sports marketing experience desirable
• Sales experience is desirable
• Fluent speaking in English-Dari/Pashto
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Management
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV to below email
Candidates may also submit applications by hard copy directly to the ACB Admin HR unit in Kabul
Academic job documents is not needed with application, but can be requested if called for interview
Only short-listed candidates may be informed of written test and interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Market Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services ..||Herat||23 Aug 2017|
|Sales Manager at Insta Telecom||Kabul||16 Sep 2017|
|Program Counsellor at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||07 Sep 2017|
|Sales Manager at RANA Technologies||Jawzjan||31 Aug 2017|
|Senior Marketing Officer (Offline) at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Digital Media Officer at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||19 Sep 2017|
|Contract Manager at Afghanistan Faiz Satellite Communications AFSAT||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Salesman and Deliveryman at Habib Gulzar Non - Alcoholic Beverages Limite..||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|