Internal Audit Officer(1527 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The Internal Audit Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Project Senior Auditor and report to him accordingly. He/she is responsible for internal audit of overall administration, finance and procurement documents, activities and procedures under HEDP. He will ensure thorough compliance with the rules and regulations of the government of Afghanistan and the World Bank.
|Date Posted:||11 Jan 2017||Reference:||HEDP/MoHE/001|
|Closing Date:||31 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the Internal Audit Officer are to:
• Develop an annual internal audit work plan of HEDP;
• Develop a customized set of checklists, working paper templates and standardized reporting formats to be used in monitoring HEDP internal audits;
• Use the checklists and other procedures to conduct audits of HEDP and assess the compliance levels based on relevant policies and procedures on an ongoing basis;
• Conduct follow-up meetings with departments to ensure that the internal audit findings are being addressed and that agreed corrective actions are completed in a timeframe agreed;
• Recommend new policies and procedures to mitigate risks identified during regular reviews of operations both in the center and provinces;
• Update the checklists and working paper templates as new policies and procedures are adopted by OMST, MoHE, MoF and World Bank;
• Prepare reports of findings and recommendations for senior Internal Auditor on a regular basis; and
• Ensure that recommendations made are acted upon or resolved.
With regard to HEDP Implementing Partners (IPs), such as universities and various departments of the MoHE concerned with the implementation of HEDP:
• Develop an Internal Audit work plan;
• Develop a customized set of checklists, working paper templates and standardized reporting formats to be used in financially monitoring of HEDP IPs;
• Plan and perform a full baseline audit of the internal controls and policies and procedures of each partner. Note areas of concern and make recommendations for improvements of internal controls, policies, and procedures;
• Perform an annual audit of each HEDP partner, with particular emphasis on whether areas of concern and recommendations noted in previous reports have been resolved or acted upon;
• Visit a selection of branches of each HEDP partner universities on a quarterly basis to: a) Physically verify the expenditure and transactions procedure of selected budget lines; b) Verify adherence to internal control procedures; and c) Verify that the GoA/World Bank standards are being used in procurement which currently represents their financial reports; and
• Provide quarterly reports of the results of audit activities performed to the Senior Internal Auditor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English, produce reports in English for regular and continuous presentations and computer literate;
• Ability to interact with senior academics and administrative staff in the universities;
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds;
• Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines;
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members; and
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations
CAT or a bachelor degree in financial accounting, financial management or other relevant fields and a minimum 5 years of continuous and relevant experience in execution and management of donor funded projects preferably in the higher education sector.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, General
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test / interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Database Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Aug 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|مأمور میتر خوان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewera..||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|Gender Director at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||27 Aug 2017|
|Rule of Law Assistant FSN-8 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||23 Aug 2017|
|Projects General Director at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Gender Specialist (Re-advertisement) UNDP/LoG.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Technical Assistant for H.E Minister's Office at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|Driver at FMFB||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|Editor/Proofreader at MCM Learning||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|Animal Husbandry Officer at DACAAR||Faryab||24 Aug 2017|
|Poultry Technician Kandahar at NEI (Nutrition and Education International..||Kandahar||19 Aug 2017|
|SECURITY INVESTIGATOR FSN-08 TRAINEE LEVEL FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|