Strategic Communication Specialist - National(710 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started in January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance would like to recruit a qualified Strategic Communication Specialist - National for the Ministry of Urban Development Housing Affairs to work at the Policy and Planning Directorate in MuDHA with the following duties and responsibilities.
The Strategic Communication Specialist- National will be responsible for supporting the Policy and Planning Directorate to develop and execute effective communication policy and procedures for the Ministry; as well as to contribute for having a strong coordination between MuDHA and national related stakeholder’s and donors. But, not limited to develop and present different proposal/concept note, newsletters for donor agencies and stakeholders whom are interested to raise their support for the ministry new priorities, and time to time communicate the new trends and development between the ministry and national partner and general public.. Basically, the Ministry tries to engage an national consultant to work on the communication strategy of the Ministry for urban planning related and housing related projects based on the requirement of the Ministry and national practices and successes.
|Date Posted:||11 Jan 2017||Reference:||CBR -95-089|
|Closing Date:||24 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
• Develop a comprehensive communications strategy for engagement with the national stakeholders and with the public at large communication dissemination with consideration of other national practices;
• Prepare a work plan for implementation based on the project’s communication requirements and objectives;
• Communicate and publish different project newsletter for the national/national donor agencies and public and remove the obstacles in the communication information sharing;
• Develop, design, and identified the critical information which needs to be shared in the public about the activities f the ministry.
• Prepare and develop any outreach statement on behalf of Minister Office and its related directorates to the national and national press conference and publics;
• Analysis, develop and implement MuDHA policies and strategies with donors, UN agencies, NGOs and other external entities for supporting MuDHA area of affiliated business in Afghanistan;
• Facilitate the technical coordination meetings among MuDHA and specific donor agencies, develop knowledge sharing between partners to ensure coordination are in smooth and professional manner;
• Develop and concise different concept note/proposal for the relevant directorates that’s needs to be present between the national and national level and share national best practices for effective communication;
• Provide backstopping to relevant directorates during the national events and conferences by preparing relevant documents and information specially for minister office;
• To provide assistance in the evaluation of the MuDHA’s proposals from the agencies/organizations, interested in implementation of projects and supporting the ministry mandate and meanwhile national practices,
• Liaise on closely with donor agencies and keep abreast of emerging donor priorities and aid assistance trends towards the ministry mandate and need as it is mentioned in the CBR proposal;
• Coordinate with the implementing partners/donors for both On-Budget and Off-Budget projects to collect activities, progress information and to ensure that projects are aligned with MuDHA national priority programs;
• Establish, document, review and refine process of communicating with media contacts, including press conferences and events, issuing of media materials and press releases etc as per the requirements of the Ministry and national experiences particularly for affordable housing projects.
• Work closely with the Ministry’s Public Relations Directorate to develop and disseminate communication materials, including but not limited to, MuDHA fact sheets, program related achievements and brochures aimed at better donor relations and increase MuDHA visibility;
• Develop and establish concrete relations guideline and procedure with all donor agencies;
• Establish, document, review and refine process of communicating with media contacts, including press conferences and events, issuing of media materials and press releases etc.
• Lead the development of media products and the use of media channels to promote project achievements and goals and prepare regular updates on project activities for internal and external distribution in print and as electronic media;
• Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media, government counterparts, stakeholders, partners, and other appropriate audiences;
The Strategic Communication Specialist-National would have the following:
• Master’s or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Media Relations, Journalism, National Relations or their close related filed.
• With Master degree 7 year experience and with Bachelor degree 10year experience in the same discipline.
• Experience in the development and publication of a wide range of materials for information as well as promotion, public awareness and advocacy;
• Previous experience in the UN or World Bank is an advantage;
• Excellent knowledge of the English Language (Written, spoken and understanding)
• Ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style to a variety of audiences;
• Self-management, self-motivated, emotional intelligence and conflict management;
Reporting & Supervision: The Strategic Communication Specialist- National will report to Policy and Planning Director.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Attn: HR Unit – MoF PSU
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Communications Officer at DABS||Kabul||24 Jul 2017|
|Communication Officer at دارالانشا شورای وزیران||Kabul||07 Jul 2017|
|Communications Officer / Pashto Translator at American University of Afgh..||Kabul||04 Jul 2017|
|Marketing Officer at Skytravellers.com - Sky Travels||Kandahar||28 Jun 2017|
|National SMS/IVR Strategy Consultant at Equal Access International||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|External Communications Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|Grants & Communications Advisor at DACAAR||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|