Procurement Officer (Procurement Department)(1312 Views)
About Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is responsible for organizing and pursuing Afghanistan foreign relations with other countries, international and regional organizations.
MoFA seeks to design and follow Afghanistan’s interest in international arena on a wide variety of issues such as bilateral and multilateral political and economic cooperation, cultural interactions and through playing an active role in regional and international frameworks.
Ministry of Foreign Affair is seeking a Procurement Officer to support the Procurement Manager and its operation team for a full-time position based in Kabul.
The Procurement Officer closely works with the Procurement Manager to ensure that all legal procedures of Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan are followed and international procurement standards are considered.
Duration: The duration of position would be for one year with a three-month of probationary period
|Date Posted:||11 Jan 2017||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Preparing and updating of procurement plans when required and following up with the related department to ensure that procurement requests are submitted.
2. Preparing and reviewing bidding documents for goods, works and services (as per standard bidding documents) and coordination for providing required clarifications.
3. Preparing and reviewing of Invitation for Bid (IFB) and ensuring their publication/notification to prospective bidders.
4. Preparation and review of Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for consultancy services and arranging their publication and preparation of EOI Evaluation/Short listing reports in close coordination/guidance of the national senior procurement specialist.
5. Preparing request for quotation (RFQ) for various consultancy services.
6. Monitoring various procurement activities to ensure timely procurement of all goods, works and consultancy services as per the laid down targets or timelines.
7. Coordinating or attending procurement complaints and resolving of contract disputes.
8. Preparing/reviewing contract for goods, works and services.
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Successful candidates for the position of officer for procurement affair should meet the following requirement:
• University Degree in Economics, Finance, Procurement or equivalent qualification. (master’s degree with 3 years of relevant working experience or 5 years relevant experience for bachelor degree);
• Languages: Fluency in Dari/Pashto and working knowledge in English language.
• Strong communication skills.
• Good computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel etc.) including competence in MS outlook.
Afghanistan - Kabul
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications by the following e-mail.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|آهنگر at DABS||Kabul||15 Jul 2017|
|Senior Grants Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||09 Jul 2017|
|SECURITY INVESTIGATOR FSN-08 TRAINEE LEVEL FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Beauty Parlor (Trainer) آموزگار زیب.. at ATVI||Kabul||30 Jun 2017|
|آموزگار خیاطی Tailoring Trainer at ATVI||Kabul||30 Jun 2017|
|Senior Monitoring and Reporting Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|
|MAINTENANCE FOREMAN FSN-06 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Jun 2017|
|Foreman at DACAAR||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|
|Product Sourcing officer at Roots of Peace||Multi Cities||25 Jun 2017|
|عضو مسلکی کنترول کیفیت خ.. at ATRA||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|HMIS Performance and Data Analytic Senior adv.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|