Network Engineer (Technology Department)(1396 Views)
About Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is responsible for organizing and pursuing Afghanistan foreign relations with other countries, international and regional organizations.
MoFA seeks to design and follow Afghanistan’s interest in international arena on a wide variety of issues such as bilateral and multilateral political and economic cooperation, cultural interactions and through playing an active role in regional and international frameworks.
Network Engineer is responsible to design, implement, maintain and support out growing network infrastructure and will be part of the system engineering team which is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintain, highly available network architecture that meet organization objective.
Duration: Duration of the position would be for one year with a 3-month probationary period.
|Date Posted:||11 Jan 2017||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||20 Jan 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Configure and install various network devices and services like: (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Servers, VPN)
2. Prepare weekly report of IT department
3. Responsible for network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches and security configurations.
4. Monitor system performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
5. Select and implement security tools, policies and procedures in conjunction with the security team.
6. Other duties as assigned by the Chief IT Manager.
7. Responsible for solving complex, cross-functional issues reported to IT Manager.
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Dari/ Pashto.
• Experience with Microsoft and Cisco products
• Must have basic knowledge of current technologies available in the IT world
• Experience and/or knowledge of various networking systems concepts including email, firewall, client ‐servers, network security, network protocols, etc
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task is required.
• At least 4 years of related experience
• Familiar with PABX and VoIP telephone systems
• Knowledge fiber-optic systems.
• Able to work under the pressure
• Team Work
• Able to work after official hours if required
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer science.
• Microsoft MCSE and MCSA Certified
• Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE/Security Certified
• Experience with Linux (CentOS, Linux)
• CEH Certified
Afghanistan - Kabul
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications by the following e-mail.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Database Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Aug 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|مأمور میتر خوان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewera..||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|Gender Director at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||27 Aug 2017|
|Rule of Law Assistant FSN-8 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||23 Aug 2017|
|Projects General Director at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Gender Specialist (Re-advertisement) UNDP/LoG.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Technical Assistant for H.E Minister's Office at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|Driver at FMFB||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|Animal Husbandry Officer at DACAAR||Faryab||24 Aug 2017|
|Poultry Technician Kandahar at NEI (Nutrition and Education International..||Kandahar||19 Aug 2017|
|SECURITY INVESTIGATOR FSN-08 TRAINEE LEVEL FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|