Operations Manager(1056 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region) and Nangarhar as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Operations Manager ensures smooth operation of various systems and processes that contribute to better services in Administration, Procurement & Logistics as well as Information & Communication Technology (ICT) of the organisation. The incumbent is a multi-tasker who typically wears multiple hats and works to improve operational systems, processes and implement best practices that assure accountability and efficiency.
|Date Posted:||08 Feb 2017||Reference:||VA- 2017 -04|
|Closing Date:||21 Feb 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Information & Communication Technology (ICT):
1. Assume strategic oversight of Afghanaid’s ICT systems, taking note of changing conditions in the external and internal environment while formulating and leading strategic change.
2. Ensure that Afghanaid’s ICT systems, services and equipment are fit for purpose and that they offer the best value for money.
3. Develop and implement ICT policy and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP).
4. Implement appropriate security protocols to protect Afghanaid data.
5. Ensure efficient use of ICT assets as well as implement feedback and monitoring systems.
6. Coordinate with different service providers (internet, email services, data availability service) in order to ensure effective implementation of service level agreements so that Afghanaid has high quality, uninterrupted services with security of sensitive data.
7. Conduct ICT training in all locations in areas such as computer administration.
Procurement & Logistics:
1. Supervise and/or implement the day-to-day procurement and logistics activities of the Head Office and maintain appropriate manual and computerised records.
2. Ensure that all equipment, supplies, materials and services required for the projects are provided at the right quality, time and place as per request and that all purchases are made in a cost effective manner in accordance with Afghanaid’s procurement and logistics policy and procedures.
3. Oversee transportation, warehousing and distribution of inventory nationally while ensuring that logistic records are properly maintained at all times.
4. Communicating with programme staff on the status of their procurements.
5. Review financial reports, purchases activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement as well as to determine areas needing improvement and improve overall accountability and efficiency.
6. Advise requisition units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and manage overall procurement cycle.
7. Ensure that all staff are familiar with standard procurement and logistics forms.
8. Oversee the performance of general administrative duties, responding to emails, ordering stationery, maintenance of equipment, etc. as required.
9. Establish, maintain and oversee up-to-date district and provincial office records, ordering, issuance/assignment, repair and maintenance of all fixed assets and inventory items.
10. Ensure proper coordination of meetings and workshops/conferences and associated services such as transport and lodging, for the provincial office.
11. Ensure all legal obligations of the offices and guest houses, e.g. lease agreement, maintenance contracts, are fulfilled and renewed in a timely manner.
12. Be active promoter of healthy, safe and well maintained living/working environments.
13. Ensure and that hygienic and proper food and drinks are served to staff.
14. Act as a liaison person with Field Office Operations for technical support.
1. Supervise, mentor and train administration, procurement & logistics as well as ICT staff.
2. Promote gender mainstreaming by ensuring that female candidates are being given opportunities in ICT and that they are able to learn, grow and develop in their roles.
Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or the overview manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information & Communication Technology or other related discipline as well as broad Information & Communication Technology systems training and/or qualifications.
At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience in operations management, including Information & Communication Technology oversight, of which at least 2 years should be in a management position.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable operations team leader with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a) Proficiency in operating systems and application software including, MS Office etc.
b) Able to manage and configure network devices such as Cisco, Cyberoam, MikroTik, TP-Link, etc.
c) Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
d) Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members
e) Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
f) A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
g) Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
h) Thinking strategically and understanding business practices, approaches, organisation, politics, and culture
i) Sensitivity to gender issues.
j) Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
k) Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuition and self-motivation
l) Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses
m) Active listener
n) Qualified and experienced ICT professional with MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, Network+ certification who is also able to manage an operations team.
Afghanaid’s core values are creativity, fairness and honesty. Our staff are passionate about and proud of their work. Teamwork is fundamental to our standards and is demonstrated by taking initiative, assisting others and taking on additional responsibilities / tasks if necessary. We are results driven, committed and motivated to achieve targets and take accountability for our own actions.
Our remuneration and benefits package is competitive with other similar organisations.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Operation
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 21st February 2017. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!