Head of Operations(1044 Views)
About MPW-NRAP inc
The Government of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) under National Rural Access Program (NRAP). NRAP is a priority program of Government of Afghanistan. Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is the implementing agency for secondary roads under the proposed project.
The proposed project will provide access to rural communities throughout the country and will quickly restore economic activities though employment generation and access to markets, business opportunities and access to other social services. The Project comprises of different activities e.g. Improvement of rural secondary roads, construction of bridges, rural roads maintenance and institutional strengthening.
ARAP aims to enhance human security and promote equitable economic growth by ensuring year round access to basic services and facilities in rural Afghanistan by promoting local productive capacity, through a private sector led development of physical rural access infrastructure and employment creation for the poor. In doing so ARAP seeks to rehabilitate, reconstruct and maintain essential rural access infrastructure using appropriate labor based approaches thereby creating short term employment opportunities for the rural poor, nation-wide.
The National Rural Access program has been being substantially supported by International Development Association IDA, Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the WB in Afghanistan and several other contributing donors.
The Afghanistan Rural Access Project (ARAP) is follow-on project to the series of Bank’s supports made in the last ten years to the government through National Rural Access program. The collective estimated cost of the project is US$ 332 million contributed by both IDA US$125 million and ARTF US$ 207 million
Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Head of Operations is accountable for the cost effective, efficient and secure operations of the National Rural Access Programme (NRAP), Ministry of Public Works (MPW) and supports Executive Director in implementation of organization Strategic Plans. The Head of Operations ensures a well-managed, results-oriented and fully accountable office and facilitates programme implementation and delivery by providing for the operational needs of the programme and play a critical role in setting organization’s operational policy to come up with effective resource management plans and policies to provide effective assistance to the executive director in making the decisions.
The Head of Operations supervises the Operations team including efficient logistical services, Information Technology, Administration, Common Services, Transportation Services, Archives and Security of the NRAP/MPW. The Head of Operations works in close collaboration with Programme teams in Head office and Regional Office staff to successfully deliver operational and programme support services
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2017||Reference:||MPW/NRAP/KBL034|
|Closing Date:||27 Feb 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
• Serve as a strategic partner to management by integrating operational strategies into organization’s overall mission;
• Create and Develop SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures) and it’s Implement & monitoring for all operational activities;
• Establish and develop operations policy, procedure and guidelines;
• Effective management and development of operations team to ensure that, the delivery of the quality and operational objectives are in place;
• Manage and development of a range of strategic and operational relationships to MoPW and other Government agencies;
• Lead and ensure that the performance of central operational and regional operational activities are efficient, effective and delivered within budget;
• Provide professional leadership to all operational staff at all levels;
• Prepare and develop annual operations plan;
• Manage and ensure that annual operations plan is Implemented properly and effectively;
• Provide operational support to World Bank’s Missions and Project Audits, conducting necessary preparation work prior to missions/audits;
• Implement the project implementation manual for operations support units, analyze the performance and make recommendations for improvement of operational goal and objectives;
Logistics and Asset Management:
• Oversight of logistical services and asset management in accordance with government rules and regulations;
• Develop operations policy and procedure and manage, including, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, supplier relationship management and introduction of performance measurement;
• Ensure full compliance with Gov. and World Bank rules and regulations governing Logistics and assets management;
• Maintain oversight for the timely provision of goods and services for office and projects following established Government and World Bank procedures;
• Prepare and coordinate asset disposition cases for NRAP/ARAP portfolio during operational closure;
• Manage and lead logistics unit in preparation of Request for Award (RFA), Purchase Orders, Contracts, and Long Terms Agreements, amendments or any other relevant documentations in relation to Logistical and Purchasing activities based on World Bank and Government rules and regulations;
Information Communications Technology (ICT):
• Prepare strategic and operational plans for the Information Communications Technology (ICT) department to ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the organization and contribute to the achievement of short and long-term goals;
• Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services, including procurement, distribution and asset management;
• Lead and ensure all ICT equipment/systems of head office and regional offices are always functional;
• Manage and ensure security of data, network access and backup systems;
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time;
• Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy;
• Lead and ensures effective functioning and maintenance of NRAP servers;
• Lead and Improvement of IT infrastructure and performance to ensure that software applications are up to date and licenses are valid;
• Development of ICT policy and ensure that, the policy applied properly;
• Manage and ensure the Security Contingency Plan maintained and updated and regular emergency practice conducted;
• Prompt coordination with all staff in Kabul and the Regional Offices on security related issues and emergency operations;
• Lead operational support to emergency preparedness and emergency situations provided;
• Ensure that all staff in the country informed and updated on security related issues and emergency operations;
• Security of premises, assets and staff ensured at all times;
• Manage and ensure that security system is functional and all staff is briefed sufficiently on security requirements in order to take decisions and proficient in the use of safety and security equipment.
• Manage and ensure that collecting and organizing all documents are recorded properly and systematically;
• Mange archives in compilation of day-to-day record, maintenance of data-base and systematic record for issuance & receiving of official documents;
• Manage the archive team in maintaining an accurate and complete filing system for all operational and capacity building activities, to ensure transparency and accountability.
• Lead and ensure all relevant documentation is completed and accurately stored in NRAP/MPW Archives;
Capacity Building and Development:
• Organize and lead Capacity-building of head office and regional offices staff provided on operational issues;
• Lead the combination of lessons learnt/best practices in operational areas prepared and widely shared among various practice networks;
• Prepare NRAP team Training Need Assessment (TNA) and develop capacity building calendar for executive director review and approval;
• Prepare annual capacity building plan for NRAP/ARAP team, explore potential sources for funding of training opportunities for relevant staff;
• Manage and ensure that effective and efficient arrangement of capacity building initiatives for NRAP along with official events in-country and out of the country by ensuring compliance with set procedure and requirement documentations/approvals;
• Establish and develop the Development Resource Center (DRC) along with Information Management Systems (IMS) to keep training documents/material for wider readers and circulations amongst NRAP/ARAP team;
• Take lead on coordinating study visits/tours and other national and international capacity building initiatives and support staff in developing their learning plans and materials;
• Serve as Change Agent by proposing innovative initiative changes (improved operational policies and procedures), process changes (methods and ways work gets done);
• Perform any other related duties as requested by Executive Director;
3. Monitoring and Progress Control:
Provide effective supervision and monitoring of the operations team, focusing on the following areas:
• All resources of NRAP effectively managed, utilized and monitored, and operational integrity ensured;
• Adequate systems put in place to ensure effective monitoring of compliance with established policies, procedures and systems in the areas of Logistics; Transport, Archive, Information Communication Technology and Security;
• Office premises and Common Services; and security of the premises and compliance with all personnel;
• Fiduciary integrity assets of the NRAP ensured, ensuring effective and timely execution of planned activities for optimum utilization and taking appropriate and timely decision on all operational transactions and administrative arrangements;
• NRAP business processes duly mapped and internal Standard Operating Procedures developed, updated and implemented in the areas of Logistics, ICT, Transportation, Archives and Security services;
• Compliance with Gov. rules, regulations, policies and procedures ensured, and organization operational strategies implemented in line with the operational set-up of the NRAP;
4. Final products
• Effective Operational and Capacity Building services support for NRAP;
• Effective support to Executive Director on operations allowing for quality work flow maintenance.
• All Operational & Capacity Building activities are conducted according to Gov., PIU, & World Bank rules and regulations and are completed in a timely manner;
• Closely work with NCU and MRRD for the implementation of Component C;
• Establish and Development of Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and Creation of Guidelines and procedures;
• Development of Capacity building Plan and its implementation;
• Prepare annual operations plan and ensure that it is implement effectively;
• Development of Archive System and Up to date and easy accessible Archive system;
• With the Executive Director of National Rural Access Programme, the Head of Operations leads strategic, long-term operations planning, vision and goal setting using the ability to “look around corners” to anticipate future opportunities or problems to take strategic and preemptive action.
• Develop and Leverage Relationships: Possesses relationship building and interpersonal skills, since diverse functions report to them and the smooth interworking is critical. High emotional and social intelligence makes the Head of Operations function more effectively.
• Communication: Communicates effectively and persuasively across a diverse set of NRAP departments. The Head of Operations must also be able to create processes and structures to facilitate effective communication both internally and externally.
Building and Managing Teams:
• Inspires, motivates, coaches, and develops others. Listens well and continuously learns and seeks advice and feedback from others.
• Relentlessly pursues improvement and results. Flexible with a strong work ethics and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high level of responsibility and multiple priorities. Creates and develop a culture of mutual accountability.
• Analyzes and problem solves at highly developed level. Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail are critical to success.
• Demonstrates an ability to manage conflict, build consensus, and facilitate problem solving and collaboration among various NRAP departments.
• Good working knowledge of MS. Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate internet.
• Knowledge of GIRoA, UN and World Bank rules and regulations would be a distinct advantage.
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage their own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
• Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to communicate and read English. Fluency written and verbally in Dari or Pashtu.
• Team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
5. Qualification and Requirement
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance or relevant fields.
b. Work Experience
• bachelor degree with 7 years’ work experience in a similar position in large organisations preferable in the areas of Operations, Finance, logistics, Security and administration.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Applications should be submitted through e-mail : Application without subject of job title (Head of Operations) and vacancy No will not concerned, only short listed candidates will call for test and interview. Only those applicants who meet the minimum criteria should apply.
4th floor, NRAP office, UNOPS Building, Behind MPW old Macroryan, Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!