TRANSFORMATION MANAGER(398 Views)
About Exchangerzone, Inc.
Exchangerzone, Inc. is the Afghanistan first and largest private financial company founded by Investone Corps, Inc. (EZ) in August 2015. Exchangerzone was registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) under license number D-8062 as a private incorporation in 2016. It was also duly registered with Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB) under license number 423 and license number 201607 to offer financial services. Exchangerzone is a full-fledged financial company offers wide range of quality financial services within Afghanistan and abroad. The company specializes in foreign exchange, money transfer, microfinance, investment schemes, financial consulting and other selective financial services. We are the first private company in Afghanistan outside the banking industry to offer specialist foreign exchange, remittance, microfinance, investment, consulting and financial services. The service portfolio of Exchangerzone operate in four divisions i.e. Financial Service Division (FSD), Microfinance Division (MD), Investment Division (ID) and Financial Consulting Division (FCD).
Our main businesses are bureau of exchange, money transfer, microfinance, investment products, issuing debit, credit and prepaid cards, payment solutions, ATMS, insurance, consulting and financial services. Exchangerzone is dedicated to focus on serving the comprehensive needs of individuals and businesses with high quality and value pricing. The company with a core staff of experienced national and international professionals and an expert team is committed to create a dominance presence of the brand in Afghanistan and in the region.
Exchangerzone is an ISO certified company. We are the member of International Association of Money Transfer Networks, UK, The Microfinance Association, UK, and Afghanistan Microfinance Association and other national and international organizations. Headquartered in Kabul, Exchangerzone plans to spread its footprint in all the major countries of the world. For now we are operating in Afghanistan, Dubai, India, Pakistan, Turkey and China.
Exchangerzone has taken a strategic decision to transform into a deposit-taking microfinance institution (DMFI) as provided for in the regulations of Da Afghanistan Bank. The company, which is already in operation, now seeks services of an experienced professional to lead the transformation process. The Transformation Manager will be responsible for all transformation activities in close consultation with the Board of Directors and senior management of Exchangerzone. He/she will complete all required documents and have several meetings with the Central Bank to process paperwork and negotiate the most effective way of obtaining the license. This position works under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2017||Reference:||EZ0300217|
|Closing Date:||11 Mar 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Act as lead manager for all transformation activities of Exchangerzone, Inc. into a deposit-taking institution;
2. Provide technical advice to the CEO and Executive Committee (EXCO) or senior management team to enable effective and efficient transformation of the company;
3. Work with CEO and EXCO to determine resources required for the successful completion of the project and for operations once the MFI is transformed and has launched savings products;
4. Develop and conduct strategic planning meetings with EXCO in order to map out the plan for transformation; take primary responsibility for ensuring all outcomes are documented and followed-up;
5. Produce and maintain transformation project plans for Exchangerzone.
6. Establish and maintain effective communication tools (meetings, reports, etc.) to ensure all stakeholders are fully informed and engaged;
7. Oversee production of the documentation (such as policies and procedures) associated with transformation and the mobilization of savings;
8. Oversee and contribute to the training of Exchangerzone staff needed for the provision of high quality savings products and services;
9. Work with the Business Development Department of Exchangerzone to develop a marketing plan for savings products and services; oversee the execution of that plan;
10. Assess skills required for a deposit-taking institution; assist Exchangerzone to identify and hire the required expertise;
11. Identify and/or prepare personnel who are required to pass the Central Bank test, who include the Board of Directors, CEO, Chief Finance Officer and Compliance Officer as required by the DMFI regulations;
12. Oversee process mapping for new products and services;
13. Communicate business needs to all departments of Exchangerzone, ensuring that all departments are working in unison to achieve the same goals and objectives;
14. Oversee all testing of procedures, processes and systems required for the transformed institution;
15. Recommend infrastructure requirements for branch offices that will be inspected and vetted by the Central Bank;
16. Review and analyze business plans, projections and progress on achieving targets.
17. Carry out additional responsibilities on the project as assigned, including administrative and planning functions;
18. Prepare reports ;
19. Attend meetings, workshop, and other events;
20. Any other task assigned by the top movement.
This person reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and has no supervisory responsibility. However, he/she has to coordinate closely with Board of Directors and department heads.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other latest technologies deemed appropriate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
Travel is primarily within Kabul during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. The position may require limited travel to provinces.
Please note that this JD is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of employees in this position. Further, this job description should not be considered an employment contract. We reserve the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
• Demonstrated ability to successfully transform MFIs into licensed deposit-taking institutions.
• Demonstrated experience of managing and developing savings products and services, ideally in the context of microfinance.
• Demonstrated experience as a successful project manager, able to manage complex, multi-product projects, including the management of resources, time-lines, stakeholders, vendors and budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee production of MFI policies and procedures, particularly for savings products and services.
• Demonstrated understanding of microfinance technology systems, ideally through managing systems upgrade or implementation projects.
• Demonstrated experience of marketing savings products to microfinance clients.
• Good knowledge of microfinance industry best-practice and performance.
• Good understanding of risks and experience of managing risks associated with microfinance activities, especially savings.
• Demonstrated ability to teach and train in both formal and informal processes.
• Demonstrated ability to influence decision makers and others with exceptional interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings with senior managers and to foster employee involvement.
• Must be able to write a polished management or technical report.
• Ability to achieve results within tight deadlines
• Ability to work at a detailed level to solve problems
• Ability to negotiate with senior internal stakeholders and with the Central Bank and relevant government departments.
• Ability to manage change and to identify and resolve critical constraints to change
• Ability to use advisory and consultative styles as well as directive styles as appropriate to the situation.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a concise and effective manner
• Ability to influence individuals and teams to make change
• Ability to analyze and think clearly and logically
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of MS-Office suite and use of internet
• A good command of Pashto and Dari is required. The position also requires ability to read and write in English.
• At least a Master's level of study in related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial sector is required.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Banking
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a cover letter to Chief Admin/HR Officer of Exchangerzone, Inc. at submission emails provided below. Please include the name of position & vacancy No. in the subject line as (EZ0300217) and. No other documents are needed to be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
2. This vacancy is for Afghans only.
3. Applicants with incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered
4. No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained
5. Candidates who are applying for this position must fully meet the education requirement as specified. At the time of applications, candidates must also meet in full the experience requirement. There is no exception for these requirements.
6. Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide educational documents such as degrees, diplomas, certificates and other pertinent documents as needed. Failure to provide the required documentation will result the rejection of their application from further consideration
7. Exchangerzone retains the full right to cancel or amend the solicitation and associated actions.
Exchangerzone, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Mail Messenger at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Balkh||15 Mar 2017|
|Mail Messenger at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Herat||15 Mar 2017|
|Mail Messenger at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kandahar||15 Mar 2017|
|Mail Messenger at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Nangarhar||15 Mar 2017|
|Head Cook at IDLO||Kabul||25 Feb 2017|
|Head of Operations at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||27 Feb 2017|
|Operations Manager at Afghanaid||Kabul||21 Feb 2017|