Short-Term Technical Assistance – Implementation Manager(696 Views)
About Afghanistan Workforce Development Program
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The overarching goal of Afghanistan Workforce Development Program (AWDP) is to increase job placements, salaries/wages and self-employment opportunities for Afghan men and women through the provision of market-driven skills training, business training and linkages to credit, business development support and job placement services.
Working under the supervision of the National Project Coordinator – Program Implementation, with overall management from the Head of Division, the incumbent is responsible for Creative/AWDP program implementation. Specifically, the implementation managers (IMs) will technically support grantees to train and place mid-level semi-career employees and jobseeker.
|Date Posted:||16 Feb 2017||Reference:||71|
|Closing Date:||25 Feb 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides advice on the development of skills for the Afghan private sector workforce
2. Monitors AWDP modular competency based training programs.
3. Pays regular visits to the grantee organizations to ensure staffing and activities are accurate and as per the plans.
4. Provides assistance to contractors or grantees to plan competency – based training programs and place mid-career job seekers with private sector companies or generate pay increases for employees of private sector companies.
5. Work with AWDP M&E department to make sure all grantees/Contractors training and placement reports are verified and conformed.
6. Receives the monitoring reports from the AWDP M&E team and undertakes immediate corrective actions if any findings are reported.
7. Updates the National Project Coordinator on progress of the grantees and shares any concerns/risks and advices for solution/prevention.
8. Evaluate their progress, confirm that all reporting is timely and milestones are met, and approve payment.
9. Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor/HoD-Programs.
1. Excellent team player
2. Demonstrated exemplary professional communication, and interpersonal skills.
3. Organizational acumen and cultural sensitivity.
4. Ability to manage and lead organizations
5. Excellent oral and written English.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field with 5 year of relevant work experience.
2. Technical expertise in mid-career workforce development specifically TVET and/or business education and training.
3. Experience in private sector training or business management is a plus.
4. Experience in effectively monitoring and advising private sector training institutions spread across the principal urban areas of Afghanistan.
5. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, empathetic, proactive, creative problem solving and ethical management.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail with “Short-Term Technical Assistance – Implementation Manager” in the subject line. Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please. Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Operation & Maintenance Supervisor at DACAAR||Kabul||11 Apr 2017|
|Music Director for Children radio program at Equal Access International||Kabul||31 Mar 2017|
|Project Management Specialist (Monitoring and.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Apr 2017|
|Program Manager at Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University||Kabul||24 Mar 2017|
|Deputy Consortium Manager at Afghanaid||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|
|Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||25 Mar 2017|
|Public Finance Manager at APFM||Kabul||26 Mar 2017|
|Public Finance Advisor at APFM||Kabul||26 Mar 2017|