Female Regional Coordinator(353 Views)
About Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) is the national network of Afghanistan microfinance institutions (MFIs) that was created by microfinance practitioners, Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) and other stakeholders in 2005. AMA was registered with the Ministry of Justice of Afghanistan in 2007.
Currently AMA has 12 members. AMA receives financial support from World Bank, USAID, and European Union. AMA aims to promote a sustainable development finance sector in Afghanistan through sector coordination and networking, knowledge management, lobbying and advocacy and capacity building.
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) intends to work with Women In Economy (WIE) to develop and conduct ‘Access to Finance Matchmaking Roundtables’.
The objective is to connect and aware potential businesses/clients, with financial institutions, that are in need of some type of loan from financial institutions. Participating businesses shall have comprehensive information on types of available loan products so to have a better comparison base plus financial institutions shall be able to develop some better understanding of businesses/clients’ financing needs.
Under direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Regional Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of project activities in Mazar city of Balkh province. She is also responsible to identify, aware and connect potential businesses/clients in Mazar city, with financial institutions, that are in need of loan from financial institutions to expand her current business or start a new one.
|Date Posted:||16 Feb 2017||Reference:||001AMA|
|Closing Date:||25 Feb 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional Coordinator is specifically responsible for the following activities:
• Follow the strategy on approaching businesses that fall under Women in Economy (WIE) target market and have real potential for growth.
• Follow the annual work plan to implement the current scope of work.
• Conduct at least 4 roundtables for the first year and 5 roundtables in the second year in Mazar city of Balkh province.
• Outreach, identify, and select businesses/participants for the workshops that have good potential for growth and are more likely to qualify for loan.
• Collaborate with financial institutions in Mazar city to develop standard presentations and participate in the workshops to present their loan products and services.
• Discuss with financial institutions in Herat to make sure that the information on their loan products are sufficiently presented to the clients.
• Collaborate with WIE’s monitoring and evaluation team to monitor and evaluate the roundtables plus their results in Mazar city.
• Maintain and update the database to track and follow the workshop participants.
• Report to the Project Manager on agreed timeline basis.
• Act as AMA gender representative in north region especially in gender events and/or women projects related forums, events and meetings.
• Support the Project Officer in regional activities on the microfinance institutions training program in Mazar city.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal woman candidate will have the following qualifications:
• University degree. Bachelor Degree will be preferred.
• At least three years of working experience related to business development, women empowerment, enterprise finance, and banking. Working experience in microfinance is preferred.
• Prior experience in similar role is highly preferred.
• Strong representational skills.
• Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto.
Afghanistan - Balkh
To apply: please send your CV along with a cover letter to submission email, include Regional Coordinator North in the subject line of the application.
|More jobs in this category|
|Office Assistant (Female) at Investone Corps Inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||18 Mar 2017|
|Chief Executive Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||18 Mar 2017|
|ST Tax Accountant Manager at APFM||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Balkh||15 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Herat||15 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kandahar||15 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Nangarhar||15 Mar 2017|
|مدیر برنامه at Rashtin Trading FZC||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|Marketing Manager at Agroindust||Kabul||25 Feb 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kandahar||12 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Herat||12 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Balkh||12 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Nangarhar||12 Mar 2017|
|Program Manager at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2017|
|Projects Support Unit Director at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||27 Feb 2017|