Regional Branch Manager(456 Views)
About Aeroparcel, Inc.
Aeroparcel (AP) is the first and largest private parcel company in Afghanistan. AP is committed to modernize the parcel services in Afghanistan. Within four years of operations AP plans to be the market share-leader of parcel services in Afghanistan. The company offers highly competitive products, services and customer experience, and we are committed to continuously improving these offering for all our customers. With the customer at the center of everything we do, we are working hard to ensure that AP services are safe, express and affordable. The main businesses of AP are mail and document delivery, parcel delivery, transportation and logistics solutions, supply chain solutions and e-commerce delivery solutions. AP is a subsidiary company of Investone Corps, Inc. (ICI). ICI is one of the largest holding investment company in Afghanistan with corporate offices situated in several countries.
The Branch Manager is responsible planning, organizing, directing, leading, evaluating and overseeing the operations at a specific branch of Aeroparcel. He/she will also be responsible for budget, customer service and operational effectiveness of the branch. He/she will ensure quality management, operational efficiency, regulatory compliance and high level of customer satisfaction.
The Branch Manager will implement effective measures and strategies that can increase the operational effectiveness, profitability and customer satisfaction. Working in the Aeroparcel the first and largest private parcel company of Afghanistan requires someone with specialist knowledge of the industry. The efficient operation of an organization is critical to its success and therefore the role of the Branch Manager at Aeroparcel is a key management position and provides an excellent opportunity to gain an all-round understanding of how a business operates.
|Date Posted:||16 Feb 2017||Reference:||AP0110217|
|Closing Date:||15 Mar 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee day-to-day branch management tasks.
2. Perform and / or direct day to day administrative tasks.
3. Plan, organize, direct, manage, evaluate and are responsible for the budget, customer service, and operational activities of Aeroparcel.
4. Maintain service level and achieving of customer satisfaction.
5. Lead and manage team of people.
6. Coach, train, instruct, manage, and appraise the performance of personnel and mentor selected staff.
7. Maintain effective employee relations.
8. Design and implement team building exercises.
9. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders.
10. Communicate information to all stakeholders using the appropriate communication method
11. Develop, implement, and manage departmental policies, procedures, standards and strategies
12. Conduct TNA for identification and analysis of training needs of branch employees.
13. Monitor performance of employees and provide feedback at regular intervals.
14. Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of Aeroparcel’s services.
15. Implementation of quality management and other regulatory compliance strategies in line with Aeroparcel policies.
16. Confer with management and staff coordinating courier services.
17. Maintain current and technical skills and apply new knowledge to management tasks for the improvement of operations.
18. Analyze operational information and evaluate the results to choose the best resolutions and alternatives to operational challenges.
19. Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding organizational policies and procedures.
20. Provide personnel with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
21. Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations (e.g. health and safety, etc.), standards, and best practices
22. Prepare or oversee the preparation of reports and statistics related to operations for upper management of Aeroparcel.
23. Prepare, revised and submit reports, budgets and other documentation as needed.
24. Attend meeting, and other events
25. Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (PHYSICAL ASPECTS AND ATTITUDES)
A. Physical Aspects:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
• Strong commitment to leadership and management
• Open minded, self-learner and interested to learn.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational abilities.
• Flexibility and exhibited awareness of and sensitivity to other cultures while working with diverse groups, individuals and interests.
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES (COMPUTER SKILLS)
• Computer Hardware and Associated Software and Systems (i.e. project management, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, accounting, document management, human resources, financial planning, database user interface and query, electronic mail, internet browser)
• Aeroparcel Management Information System and Software
• Communication Devices
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
• Knowledge of supply chain, logistics, e-commerce, private sector of Afghanistan, applicable laws and regulations, and Aeroparcel internal policies (After joining), administration and management, the English language, other local languages as required, basic mathematics, basic HR, Accounting, Economics and ICT.
• active listening,
• effective communication in English and local languages
• critical thinking,
• analytical thinking performance monitoring,
• time management,
• management of personnel resources,
• judgment and decision making,
• problem solving, project management,
• mathematics, presentation,
• operations analysis,
• Social awareness, and empathy.
• Basic computer and ICT
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING, RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE):
• A Bachelor degree from a recognized national or international university in Business, Economics, Commerce, International Trade, Information Communication Technology, Computer Science.
• Additional Diploma in Postal /Courier Services is an advantage.
• Professional training in business management.
• Professional training in courier industry will be an advantage.
C. RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in private sector, national or international organizations, or government agencies in Afghanistan.
• Work experience in couriers industry in Afghanistan will an advantage.
Afghanistan - Balkh: PROVINCIAL CENTER (MAZAR SHARIF)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a cover letter to Chief Human Resource Officer of AP. Please include the name of position & Vacancy No. in the subject line as (BRANCH MANAGER - AP0110217) at submission email provided below. No other documents are need be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. AP is an equal opportunity employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Office Assistant (Female) at Investone Corps Inc||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||18 Mar 2017|
|Chief Executive Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||18 Mar 2017|
|Female Regional Coordinator at Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)||Balkh||25 Feb 2017|
|ST Tax Accountant Manager at APFM||Kabul||28 Feb 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Herat||15 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kandahar||15 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Nangarhar||15 Mar 2017|
|مدیر برنامه at Rashtin Trading FZC||Kabul||05 Mar 2017|
|Marketing Manager at Agroindust||Kabul||25 Feb 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kandahar||12 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Herat||12 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Balkh||12 Mar 2017|
|Regional Branch Manager at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Nangarhar||12 Mar 2017|
|Program Manager at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||26 Feb 2017|
|Projects Support Unit Director at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||27 Feb 2017|