Mail Messenger(983 Views)
About Aeroparcel, Inc.
Aeroparcel (AP) is the first and largest private parcel company in Afghanistan. AP is committed to modernize the parcel services in Afghanistan. Within four years of operations AP plans to be the market share-leader of parcel services in Afghanistan. The company offers highly competitive products, services and customer experience, and we are committed to continuously improving these offering for all our customers. With the customer at the center of everything we do, we are working hard to ensure that AP services are safe, express and affordable. The main businesses of AP are mail and document delivery, parcel delivery, transportation and logistics solutions, supply chain solutions and e-commerce delivery solutions. AP is a subsidiary company of Investone Corps, Inc. (ICI). ICI is one of the largest holding investment company in Afghanistan with corporate offices situated in several countries.
This is a Mail Messenger position working for the first and largest private parcel company in Afghanistan. Pick up and deliver messages, documents, packages, and other items between offices or departments within an establishment or directly to other business concerns, traveling by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, automobile, or public conveyance. He/she will represent Aeroparcel in a professional; and cost effective manner aiming at increasing profitability and high degree of customer satisfaction.
|Date Posted:||16 Feb 2017||Reference:||AP0140217|
|Closing Date:||15 Mar 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Deliver wide variety of items to different destinations via different routes.
2. Walk, ride bicycles, drive vehicles, or use public conveyances to reach destinations to deliver messages or materials.
3. Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery vehicle
4. Obtain signatures and payments, or arrange for recipients to make payments.
5. Follow up time schedules and make sure on time and safe delivery of items.
6. Load vehicles with listed goods, ensuring goods are loaded correctly and taking precautions with hazardous goods.
7. Receive messages or materials to be delivered, and information on recipients, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and delivery instructions, communicated via telephone, website, software, AP smart phone application, or in person.
8. Unload and sort items collected along delivery routes.
9. Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering goods.
10. Record information, such as items received and delivered and recipients' responses to messages.
11. Deliver messages and items, such as newspapers, documents, and packages, between establishment departments, and to other establishments and private homes.
12. Sort items to be delivered according to the delivery route.
13. Check with home offices after completed deliveries to confirm deliveries and collections and to receive instructions for other deliveries.
14. Perform routine maintenance on delivery vehicles, such as monitoring fluid levels and replenishing fuel.
15. Perform general office or clerical work such as filing materials, operating duplicating machines, or running errands.
16. Collect, seal, and stamp outgoing mail, using postage meters and envelope sealers.
17. Observe the rules and regulation of Aeroparcel while serving the duty.
18. Prepare Reports and attend meeting on regular basis.
19. Any other related task.
20. Deliver a wide variety of items to different addresses and through different routes.
21. Follow route and time schedule.
22. Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery vehicle.
23. Ask for feedback on provided services and resolve clients’ complaints.
24. Collect payments.
25. Inform on new products and services.
26. Complete logs and reports.
27. Follow Transportation regulations and safety standards of Aeroparcel.
Proven working experience as a delivery driver.
Valid professional driver’s license.
Ability to operate motorcycle in odd weather and traffic conditions.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Good driving record with no traffic violations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and other latest technologies deemed appropriate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• active listening,
• effective communication in local languages
• time management,
• management of personnel resources,
• judgment and decision making,
• problem solving, project management,
• Social awareness, and empathy.
• Basic computer and ICT
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of graduation is preferred in related field with 1-2 years of experience to work as a Mail Messenger, a professional who drives a company's growth by generating new business opportunities and motivating employees and should be well-versed in critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
Secondary School, General
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a cover letter to Chief Human Resource Officer of Aeroparcel. Please include the name of position & Vacancy No. in the subject line as (MAIL MESSENGER - AP0140217) at submission email provided below. No other documents are need be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Aeroparcel is an equal opportunity employer.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!