Food Service Manager(945 Views)
About Courageous Afghan Women Construction Company
-About Courageous Afghan Women Construction & Logistic Company
CAWCC CAWLC is women-owned non-governmental and non-political construction and Logistics Company established in 2011 to assist the development, rehabilitation and reconstruction process of Afghanistan. Our focus has been to strengthen the ANDS (Afghanistan National Development Strategy).
Food Service Manager is responsible for successful implementation of project from project initiations to closing on time within budget and scope. S/he will proactively manage Food Service Operation at the DFACs, also have enough Experience in Food service Management for the US Army and NATO Forces. Applicants who have enough Experience in Food Services and Cooking can also apply.
|Date Posted:||16 Feb 2017||Reference:||CAWCC-FSM-01-17|
|Closing Date:||22 Feb 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Services||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Food Service Manager is responsible for carrying out job duties in administration, service and employee management.
Administrative job duties often include managing inventory, merchandising, controlling expenses and product quality of the food, putting up signage, inspecting stores.
• Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of foods, services to evaluate quality or performance. Manage the inventory and order food and beverages, equipment, and supplies
• Oversee food preparation, portion sizes, and the overall presentation of food
• Inspection of the Raw Materials and Foods coming in and stored at the storage.
• Inspection of the foods and Raw Materials and Beverages for Quality and Production and Expiration Date.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas
• Ensure employees comply with health and food safety standards and regulations
• Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality or service
• Schedule staff hours and assign duties
• Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service
Besides coordinating activities of the kitchen and dining room staff, Manager ensure that every body are served properly and in a timely manner. They monitor orders in the kitchen and, if needed, they work with the chef to remedy any delays in service.
Food service manager is responsible for all functions of the business, related to employees. For example, most managers interview, hire, train, and sometimes fire employees.
Food Service Manager also schedule work hours, making sure that enough workers are present to cover each shift. During busy periods, they may expedite the service by helping to serve, cashiering, or cleaning tables.
Food service managers also plan and arrange for cleaning and maintenance services of the equipment and facility. For example, they arrange for linen service, heavy cleaning when the dining room and kitchen are not in use, trash removal, and pest control when needed.
In addition, Manager perform many administrative tasks, such as keeping employee records; preparing the payroll.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Food Service Manager, especially who run the Food Service Operation, must understand all aspects of the business.
• Food-service Management skills. ...
• Detail oriented. ...
• Leadership skills. ...
• Organizational skills. ...
• Problem-solving skills. ...
• Speaking skills.
• Degree in Management of Food Services and/or in the relevant field is required.
• Previous work experience with US Army and NATO in any of the Bases and DFAC (Dining Facility) is required
• Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Food Services and Preparation activities.
• Applicants who have enough Experience in Food Services and Cooking can also apply. • Fluency in both written and oral English is must
Afghanistan - Kabul
High School, Services
Qualified candidates are encourage to send their CV with a cover letter to the below mentioned email no later than Feb, 22, 2017. Please include the name of position & Vacancy No. in the subject line as (Food Service Manager -CAWCC-FSM-01-17). Other documents are needed to be submitted prior to interview. Applications receive after the closing date will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Cleaner at Asian Development Bank(ADB)||Kabul||17 Dec 2017|