MIS Developer(1185 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
The MIS Developer will be OFWMP employee working for Central Program Office ( CPO ) at MAIL/Kabul and will bring strong technical skills to the team and he/she would have solid technical knowledge and experience in the field of MIS related activities.
|Date Posted:||28 May 2017||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/106|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Analyze the business processes and identify the system requirements
• Develop new software / databases (web based and desktop) to store project related information
• Define data flow methodologies, processes and propose the required resources
• Plan and coordinate and closely monitor database development activities with data analyst
• Provide technical support in designing and oversight in the design of a Database for Irrigation infrastructure
• Provide technical software related support to all departments of CPO;
• Supervise the development of the web related data exchange routines (Views and Data Provider);
• Maintain, administer and troubleshoot information systems.
• Make sure that the Web Reporting System is updated on regular basis;
• Provide technical support to the CPO.
• Provide training to all CPO department staffs on the relevant software
• Ensure that the necessary backup procedures for all CPO database are in place and regular backups are taken
• Provide the system with in-code and technical documents as well as user manual
• Ensure that reports are produced precisely, timely and regularly. Also assist in the development of the monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Ensure the smooth functioning of CPO database and send regular updates/patches and SQL commands to install new features, fix bugs and update data.
• Work closely with M&E and IT Departments and give them updates when required
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor’s degree in IT required; At least 5 years working experience in the field of MIS/Information Technology and Management; Experience of working with Government/Aid agencies is desired;
• Extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of complex and distributed database systems;
• Working knowledge of system analysis and design processes
• Knowledge of IIS and other web servers;
• Strong knowledge of web programming languages (VB/C#, WPF, ASP.NET, MVC, JQuery, Ajax, JSON).
• Extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of complex database systems;
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Must be self-starter with excellent demonstrated teamwork skills
• Fluency in Dari, Pashto & English, in speech, writing and comprehension.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their CV's with covering letter explaining how you meet the required competencies electronically through submission e-mail or should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the Reference No of the position) to: Human Resources Department, On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Kindly make sure to write the reference number of the position in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
The Subject line should be ( MAIL/OFWMP/106 )
Note: The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. And to ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Project Director at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||09 Dec 2017|
|National Plant Quarantine Specialist (PMU) at ( Ministry of Agriculture)..||Kabul||04 Dec 2017|
|Grievance Handling Officer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) ..||Kabul||04 Dec 2017|
|Irrigation Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||10 Dec 2017|
|Training Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|