Academic Vice Chancellor(679 Views)
About RANA University
Rana University (RU)
RANA University (hereinafter refers to as “RU”) is an institution established in 2009 and registered with the Ministry of Higher Education of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan as an Institute of Higher Education in Kabul City. In compliance with all policies and procedures and the quality assurance guidelines of the Ministry of Higher Education, RANA has been upgraded and received the title of University wide certificate number 15/710 issued by the Ministry of Higher Education of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan on July 13, 2014.
The establishment of RU is coinciding with the intense need of contribution to the rehabilitation and rebuilding process of Afghanistan in the higher and professional education sector. Afghanistan with the international community is on the road of development and the provision of sustainable solutions to the decade’s long problems that have left impacts on both the national and international reputation of Afghanistan as a nation as well as a country in this global era. RU as an institution provides quality and standard higher education is committed to play a positive role in contributing to the education sector by pursuing specific goals with education programs that meet the contemporary requirements to practically and realistically achieve its goals and make a difference in the lives of the young generation.
The government of Afghanistan with its initiative to give more importance to the private sector has opened the doors to many private investors to make investments in various sectors, which in fact is standing by the government and supporting the overall peace and rebuilding process. The education sector, believed to be the most important, is the only sector that outshines other sectors in taking the people to the light of success and prosperity. Therefore, RANA University is initiative to provide higher education with international standards, recognition and acceptability throughout the globe. RU as institution to provide higher education has set goals that are future-oriented, professional, and skill based meeting the needs of today and future in the contemporary educational era. The disciplines currently in progress by RU are Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA), Computer Science BS (CS), Business Information Technology (BIT), Diploma in English Language (DEL), Diploma in Business Administration (DBA), Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) and recent future programs include Mass Communication, Economics, Law and International Relations. In addition, RU provides training and development sessions on various subjects based on market demands.
The competitive advantage of RU in the higher education market is the front line with competent, talented, qualified, foreign educated PhDs, M.Phils, MS and Master Degree holders from around the globe. A diversified and culturally mixed faculty is what achieves the standards of quality, recognition and acceptability of our degree programs, diplomas and certificate courses because the degrees, diplomas and certificates are accredited and globally recognized from very well-reputed institutes and universities of the world. Furthermore, RU offers twin programs through which students would have the opportunities to have local and international experience and exchange cultural information by studying at international institutes and universities during the program around the world.
The employee shall be expected to satisfactorily carry out all the tasks and duties normally associated with the position. The Employee agrees and undertakes to obey all reasonable and lawful orders and instructions which may be given by any person employed by The Employee who is in an executive or managerial position.
|Date Posted:||29 May 2017||Reference:||RU-073|
|Closing Date:||22 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. At University of Rana at Kabul, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs advises and assists the Chancellor and provides leadership to the academic and academic-related units of the university. Among the many responsibilities of the position, the Vice Chancellor.
2. Oversees academic planning, academic program review, and curriculum development.
3. Maintains liaison with other campuses of the University of Rana system and with such external groups as the Legislature of the State of Rana University.
3. coordinates with the accreditation liaison officer, the commission that accredits the university
4. Supervises the deans of the four faculties and the director of Library, evaluating and approving their recommendations for faculty hiring, promotion, and tenure.
5. Supervises budget preparation for the academic and academic-related programs, allocating and reallocating funds and resources to and from these programs.
6. provides leadership in creating and maintaining academic standards and policies
1. Academic Administration: provides leadership in all academic matters; initiates, participates in and supervises academic planning; oversees academic program reviews and curriculum development; maintains liaison with other Faculty campuses and external groups and agencies on academic programs serves as academic liaison officer.
2. Personnel administration and development: supervision of personnel reporting to this position; evaluate and approve as delegated their recommendations for new/reallocated faculty, professional and support staff in the University's academic and academically-related programs; oversight of faculty and professional staff development.
3. Personnel evaluation: evaluate administrators reporting to this position; review and recommend action on applications for faculty and staff promotion and tenure; review and recommend merit, market and equity salary adjustments for academic administrators, faculty and staff.
4. Fiscal administration: supervises the budget preparation of the academic and academic-related programs for submission to the Budget and Allocation Committee; allocates and reallocates funds and resources (personnel, space, etc.) as appropriate to/from academic and academic-related cost centers.
5. General administration: preparation of reports, correspondence, etc.; coordination of academic and academically related programs with administrative affairs, and university relations; attendance at meetings; supervision of academic and academically-related Deans and Directors oversight of grant applications; and supervision of academically-oriented centers and projects.
6. External relations: consulting with groups relevant to the University; serving on advisory boards, assisting in University fund-raising efforts.
1. 3 - 5 years’ experience in Academic Management / Lectureship.
2. Fluent oral, written, and comprehensive skills in English and knowing Dari & Pashto would be an asset.
3. Must be hard worker and honest having strong teaching skill & knowledge.
1. At least PhD degree with specialization in any of the following fields from a recognized university/institute.
* Business Administration
* Law / Political Science
2. Certificate in TOEFL / IELTS
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Business Administration
Please submit your cover letter and CV and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the vacancy number and the position you’re applying for.
Mob: +93(0) 729101959
Add: Baraki Square, Kabul Afghanistan
Only the applications of those candidates with above profile will be considered for shortlist and interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|English Language Instructor at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||15 Sep 2017|
|Nursery Teacher at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|EAP Trainer at Yasna Development and Support Organization||Bamian||22 Aug 2017|
|TOEFL Academic/Business Writing Instructor at Yasna Development and Suppo..||Bamian||22 Aug 2017|
|معلم خصوصی at Aziz Group||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|Female General English Instructor at Kabul University Women's Dormitory P..||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|General English Instructor at Yasna Development and Support Organization||Balkh||18 Aug 2017|
|COOK شاگرد آشپز at Barakat International School||Kabul||20 Sep 2017|
|English Teacher at Afghanistan Success Management Training & Consultancy||Kabul||30 Aug 2017|
|Re-announce English Language Teacher at SDROA||Gardez||19 Aug 2017|
|Promoter – Hygiene & Sanitation at DACAAR||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Admin officer and English Language Instructor at Ama-E-Shamal Institute o..||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|HoD of BBA Department at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Dean of Shariah Faculty at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Teacher at karwan Private High School||Kabul||17 Sep 2017|
|English Teacher at karwan Private High School||Kabul||17 Sep 2017|
|Music Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|SPORT TEACHER معلم سپورت at Barakat International School||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|PASHTO TEACHER معلم پشتو at Barakat International School||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||01 Sep 2017|
|Lecturer (BCS, BBA, اقتصاد, حقوق و.. at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|