Grants & Communications Advisor(1001 Views)
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 600 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
The Grants & Communications Adviser is a key position within the Fundraising & Communications Department. In close collaboration with the Head of Fundraising and Communications, the incumbent will support DACAAR in the development of funding proposals, reports to donors, compliance with contractual obligations donor communication as well as overall visibility and communications initiatives. S/he will build the capacity of department staff in report writing and contractual compliance through engaging them in continuous on-the-job mentoring and coaching as well as providing real time technical advice, support and assistances.
|Date Posted:||01 Jun 2017||Reference:||EX-001/2017|
|Closing Date:||01 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Take part in the quarterly and annual planning for the Grants and Monitoring Sub-Department in close coordination Head of Fundraising and Communications, and other staff of the department.
• Support the Head of Fundraising and Communications in leading and facilitating and coordinating the process of developing project proposals based on DACAAR’s competencies and in line with DACAAR’s programme framework.
• Support the development and continuous improvement of standard components and off-the-shelf information sets and tools as building blocks for project proposal development.
• Work closely with the M&E team and support them in ensuring that lessons learnt and knowledge accumulated through M&E of current projects are channeled and integrated into the design of future projects as well as reports for going projects.
• Support the sub-department in developing and maintaining, an up to date Contract Management Database (CMD). Train relevant staff in the programme and support departments in the proper use of the CMD and promote the use of the database by MO and field staff in supporting their day-to-day work and information needs.
• Support the Head of Fundraising & Communications in ensuring compliance with contractual obligations related to funded projects by donors both in terms of quality of implementation and quality and timeliness of reports.
• Support the development of project reports in accordance with the required quality and deadlines.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly, and internal and external annual reports
• Support the capacity building of staff in the Fundraising and Communications Department, in English language skills, report writing and donor contractual compliance.
• Work closely with and support the communications officer in keeping the DACAAR website up to date with key information including photos, videos, news, press releases, success stories from the field, publications, etc.
• Support the M&E, reporting and communications staff in regularly collecting success stories, case studies, human interest stories, photos and video. Edit and improve these to be used for donor reports, conferences, external annual report, websites and other publications.
• Undertake the development and oversee the designing and publishing of the DACAAR External Annual Report
• In addition to the above specific tasks and responsibilities, the Grants & Communications Adviser will undertake any other relevant tasks assigned by the Head of Fundraising & Communications
• Good Knowledge of humanitarian, emergency and development organizations.
• Knowledge and experience of bilateral and multilateral donor such as ECHO, in agencies, DANIDA etc
• Able to take lead in programme development and reporting.
• A strong team player with good coordination skills
• Proficiency in the English language both written and spoken.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Communication
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Aid Communication and Coordination Adv.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|