Job Market Coach(525 Views)
About UMASS - USWDP
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Job Market Coach is a full-time, program position with mobility and access at Career Centers based in USWDP target public universities and internship host institutions. S/he will support and provide counselling to university students on employment services including internship, and regular jobs to make sure USWDP-sponsored internship are completed in compliance with guidelines and protocols. The incumbent will be the focal point in overseeing placed interns as well as mapping and bringing in the potential private, public and NGO entities to provide students with employment services and career advising.
|Date Posted:||05 Jun 2017||Reference:||362|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coach and mentor those field staff who are working in the placement of USWDP trained students;
• Lead upfront the whole process of students’ placement and guide the placement team including the field placement officers and heads of career centers;
• Serve as prime liaison between USWDP Career Centers and public private employers and make sure the target number of internships are successfully executed;
• Work closely with Career Services and Training unit of University Support Department and keep them up to date on job market demands;
• Assist both Career Services/Training and Internship teams in conducting the periodic market survey to get up to date information of job market needs to adjust program activities accordingly;
• Attend UIAC meetings as senior representative of internships/students’ placement team and coordinate internships with members of UIAC across eleven institutes;
• Support the work of the Senior Placement Officer Internships/Students placement by providing proactive and innovative technical assistance for coaching and mentorship of interns;
• Regularly mentor and provide advising services to the placed students;
• Conduct follow up visits and telephonic calls to make sure that the placed students retain in their placements;
• Assist the internship candidates in enhancing their competencies and helping them focus on the hiring requirements of internships;
• Provide interview assistance to the internship candidates;
• Assist in advocacy and developing policy documents on university internship and experiential learning initiatives;
• Conduct field visits, collect data, analyze and write up field visit findings on internship and job placements;
• Assist in reporting and updating internship database;
• Liaison with public and private sector entities to bring potential partnerships between target universities and public and private entities, especially on placement services;
• Assist in placing university students in internship programs, practicum and regular jobs;
• Support in M&E functions including placement data collection and analysis;
• Assist in training and transfer of knowledge to university counterparts (Tashkeel positions) on career centers’ employment services;
• Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the supervisor or project leadership.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor Degree in Accredited university degree in (education, economics, business, development and social sciences);
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in program/project management in development, governance, workforce and private sector development;
• International donor-funded program experience and knowledge of USAID programs and regulations;
• Computer skills and MS. Office package;
• Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and either of national languages;
• Demonstrated strong communication, teamwork, and innovative skills;
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision but skillful in collaborating and coordinating with other program staff and partners;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Education
1. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Please include names and contacts for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Psychosocial Officer at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||05 Jul 2017|
|Psychosocial Deputy Program Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||05 Jul 2017|