Farmers Call Center Officer(1435 Views)
About OFWMP / MAIL
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Herat.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by World Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019. For procurement, the project is mainly following World Bank Procurement guidelines by ensuring that Procurement Law of Afghanistan is also generally followed.
Under the overall supervision of the General Director of Extension and Agriculture Development and FCC manager, the FCC Officer will work mainly on managing and running of FCC services and will support FCC manager to provide expertise in supporting the planning, implementation, operation and monitoring activities of the FCC.
The National Agriculture Extension Policy and the Extension Service Model were endorsed in February 2016. The Policy calls for demand-driven and need-based provision of quality inputs and services and will follow both “top-down” and “bottom-up” approaches. The implementation of the policy calls for establishing Farmers Call Center (FCC) as one of the tools of communication by the Ministry with the farmers and herders across the country. Mainly, Subject Matter Specialists (SMSs) using telephone and computer, interact with farmers to understand their problems and answer the queries at a Call Center.
The FCC consists of a complex of telecommunication infrastructure, computer support and human resources organized to manage effectively and efficiently the queries raised by farmers instantly in the local language. Usually it refers to a sophisticated voice operations center that provides a full range of inbound or outbound call handling services including customer support, direct assistance, multi-lingual customer support and other services. This is a new dimension in Agriculture Extension Management, which takes account of, and makes full use of on-going information and communication revolution, by optimally utilizing the communication bandwidth to serve the farming community in remotest areas of the country by connecting them to best of the agricultural scientific community.
The General Directorate of Extension and Agriculture Development (GDEAD) at MAIL intends to set up FCC at each one of the 7 Agro-Ecological Zones in Afghanistan. To begin with the Ministry with support of On-Farm Water Management Project (World Bank) planned to pilot FCC in the Central Zone in order to serve farmers in the outlying Districts of Kabul Province as well as the neighboring provinces.
|Date Posted:||07 Jun 2017||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/73|
|Closing Date:||24 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Farmers Call Center Officer would include but not limited to the followings:
• Manage a team of FCC (Farmers Call Center) representatives directly and direct their activities for the achievement of call center targets and goals.
• Develop and supervise a team of Farmers Call Center representatives and preparing their call performance levels, record statistics and preparing reports.
• Monitor random calls to improve quality and customer service, technical accuracy, minimize errors and track operative performance of a Farmers Call Center team.
• Prepare and modify schedules according to the needs of the internal and external customers (clients).
• Answer questions and recommend corrective actions to solve problems and continuously improve processes.
• Communicate and follow up with representatives to ensure they are fully informed of all new information related to products, procedures, customer needs and company related issues.
• Facilitate professional development of staff and conduct regular monthly staff meeting.
• Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
• Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
• Keep records of all conversations in our call center database in a comprehensible way
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience of working in a call center .
• Experience of working with agriculture projects.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Excellent communication skills reading , writing and speaking in English, Dari and Pashto.
• Relevant Bachelor degree in Agriculture and or other related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Send your CV to:
On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
Please send your CV to both email address.
Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for written test.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||27 Jul 2017|