Recruitment Specialist (National)- 4th Batch(642 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
Capacity Building for Results “CBR” Project, started since January 2012, aims to support the government’s effort to improve the capacity and performance of core line ministries responsible for national priority programs. The CBR project’s development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through the implementation of specific capacity and institution building programs, which include systematic monitoring of and reporting on results.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Project Support Unit of the Ministry of Finance would like to recruit qualified pool of Recruitment Specialists (National) for different Line Ministries with the following duties and responsibilities.
Number of Positions: 7 Position - To be stationed at Different Line Ministries
The Recruitment Specialist will be based in the HR Directorate’s Recruitment Section of each ministry and will be responsible for assisting Director (HR) in overall merit based recruitment activities in the Ministry for Tashkeel as well as Contracted staff positions. His/ her activities will be instrumental in attracting, appropriately placing and retaining the needed numbers of meritorious employees in line ministry through the merit based recruitment process viz. vacancy notice, screening, short listing, selection/ interview and appointment. S/he will have the overall responsibility of coordinating the effective operation of recruitment section, ensuring capacity development of staff in merit based recruitment process and HR Management issues and preparation by the staff of their work plans and deliverables. At the same time, S/ he will be responsible for coordination of recruitment issues with all stakeholders, including the central and provincial Directors of the Ministry and, the IARCSC.
|Date Posted:||07 Jun 2017||Reference:||CBR- 96-007|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
• To assist Director General (HR) in overall merit based recruitment activities in the Ministry for Tashkeel as well as Contracted staff positions.
• To support the recruitment section in preparing comprehensive recruitment plan for the line ministry central and provincial directorates.
• To coordinate with IARCSC and MOF the recruitment of all the CBR supported positions.
• To prepare a strategic plan for the recruitment of the Grades 1-4 Grade 3 and 4 CBR supported positions of the ministry
• To facilitate drafting TORs for all the CBR supported positions with consultation of the relevant departments
• To support recruitment section in drafting proposals for appointment of finally selected candidate for approval of appointing authority;
• To analyze and explain Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Service Commission’s (IARCSC) policies, rules, regulations and procedures to the recruitment staff and monitor their implementation in line ministry
• To assess capacity development needs of recruitment staff and to design, implement, coordinate and evaluate capacity development programs for them on issues relating to recruitment and HR management;
• To monitor implementation of merit based recruitment procedure and standard forms in line ministry, in accordance with new IARCSC’s guidelines;
• Advise recruitment section on managing redundancy of surplus staff in accordance with GOA regulations;
• To reconcile recruitments against relevant Tashkeel, maintain up to date statistics and advise recruitment section on aligned implementation;
• Support recruitment section to ensure integrity of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in accordance with the section’s work plan;
• To play a lead consulting role in coordination between Director (HR) and the central and provincial Directors on recruitment issues in line ministry
• To review recruitment practices to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
• To adhere to the monitoring, reporting and complaints handling mechanisms imbedded in the new recruitment procedure.
• Any other duty or, responsibility assigned by the Director (HR) from time to time.
• Developing comprehensive recruitment plan for line ministry which includes one plan for CBR supported position and one for Tashkeel Civil Servants
• Developing question bank and written test mechanism for line ministry in accordance with new Civil Service Guidelines and in of cooperation central and provincial directorate
• Develop exit interview, reference and background check format and mechanism for Recruitment section at central and provincial level
• Developing reporting format on different aspect of HR management and employee records
The Recruitment Specialist would have the following:
• Shall have a bachelor’s degree from a reputed institution in Human Resource Management or, in a related discipline, master degree in HRM or public administration is a plus;
• Shall have 5 years’ work experience in Human Resource Management (recruitment) or, in a related field. Familiarity with IARCSC’s rules, regulations and procedures is highly desirable;
• Shall be fluent in communicating in English, Dari and Pashto;
• Shall be proficient in computer applications;
• Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
• Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
• Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
• Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
• Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.
Reporting & Supervision: The Recruitment Specialist will report to HR Director.
Duration: The duration of the position(s) would be for one year with possibility of extension depending upon performance with a 3 month probationary period.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Human Resource
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT SUPPORT UNIT (PSU), Budget Department, Ministry of Finance, Pashtoonistan Watt, Kabul, .
Attn: HR Unit – MoF PSU
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for Application:
Date: June 20, 2017
The Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing chances for employment to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, national origin citizenship, ancestry, or any other characteristic almost universally considered to be protected by law.
|More jobs in this category|
|Gas Planning Expert at Afghan Tarin Engineering Services (ATES)||Kabul||14 Sep 2017|
|Renewable Energy Expert at Afghan Tarin Engineering Services (ATES)||Kabul||14 Sep 2017|
|Power System Expert (Deputy Team Leader) at Afghan Tarin Engineering Serv..||Kabul||14 Sep 2017|
|Senior Expert Drug Demand Reduction at management4health GmbH||Kabul||24 Aug 2017|
|Expert Afghanistan Midwifery and Nursing Coun.. at management4health GmbH||Kabul||24 Aug 2017|
|Review of Progress of the Microfinance Progra.. at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||27 Aug 2017|
|International consultant for hospital guideli.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|Project ending evaluation at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||18 Aug 2017|