Development Director(1070 Views)
About Karwan University
Karwan University is the leading private university in Kabul, Afghanistan. It was established in 2008 and by the end of 2009 it was awarded license from Ministry of Higher Education of Afghanistan for bachelor degree courses. Its main objective is to educate, support, prepare and encourage the young generation of Afghanistan. Karwan University has built its own state of the art campus meeting all international university standards plus our educational quality is Karwan University’s major asset.
The Development Director is responsible for designing, implementing and managing all fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other related solicitations. The development director will also be the medium of communication from Karwan University with the donor agencies and other relevant organizations.
Preferred qualifications PhD or minimum 5 years of experience
Salary range High
Total working hours per week 56 hours
Required documents at the time of application 1. Letter of interest / Cover letter
2. Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume
3. Description of development experience
4. Achievements so far in development field
|Date Posted:||08 Jun 2017||Reference:||KU/DD-2017-6|
|Closing Date:||05 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
• Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
• Take ownership of the management of the marketing functions of the business.
• Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the organization`s ambitious growth.
• Working to stringent targets, the job holder will be required to adopt a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business call.
• Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
• Managing all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
• Maintaining contact with and writes grant proposals for foundations, corporations, and government grants.
• Researching and contacting new or potential corporate, foundation, government and individual donors.
• Supervising development staff and independent contractors.
• Being primary staff liaison for the Development Committee and ad hoc fundraising committees.
• Assuming responsibility for all development reports to the Board and other agencies.
• Working with the marketing department, identify new board prospects.
• Creating office systems to support all Development projects and operations.
• Managing donor, gift record-keeping and grant reporting.
• Attending community events related to donor cultivation.
• Participating in outreach activities and performances outside regular business hours.
• Being available to assist in any other capacity as assigned.
• Master's Degree (required) PHD (preferred).
• Five (5) years of experience in development and at least three (3) years in academics field.
• Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and community members.
• Knowledge of ticketing/registration/donor/event software.
• Experience in a customer service/hospitality.
• An understanding of budgeting principles.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously is essential.
• Demonstrated attention to detail required.
• Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applicants must submit their updated resume, cover letter, Description of development experience and achievements so far in development field mentioning the past experience and interest in this post in one PDF document to below email address. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Development Director, Vacancy no:” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before July 5 , 2017. After reviews of the KU applicants, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul.
|More jobs in this category|
|Drupal Administration Training Consultant at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|English Skills Teacher at Prestige Institute of Accountancy||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|IELTS Teacher at Prestige Institute of Accountancy||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Hygiene Education and CLTS Mobilizer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and..||Ghowr||28 Apr 2018|
|Education Technical Extenders at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Parwan||28 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Faryab||05 May 2018|
|English Teacher at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|English Teacher at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||01 May 2018|
|Manager of Technical Teacher Training and Pro.. at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||08 May 2018|
|مدیر اجرائی مرکز آموزشها.. at Asia Higher Training C..||Herat||25 Apr 2018|
|Gas Plumbing System Trainer at HELP FROM GERMANY||Herat||22 Apr 2018|
|NOSS and Curriculum Development Sr. Officer at SALAM||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|Senior NOSS and Curriculum Development Specia.. at SALAM||Kabul||24 Apr 2018|
|HoD of BBA Department at Jahan University||Kabul||10 May 2018|
|English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kapisa||24 Apr 2018|
|Assistant Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|