Development Director(776 Views)
About Karwan University
Karwan University is the leading private university in Kabul, Afghanistan. It was established in 2008 and by the end of 2009 it was awarded license from Ministry of Higher Education of Afghanistan for bachelor degree courses. Its main objective is to educate, support, prepare and encourage the young generation of Afghanistan. Karwan University has built its own state of the art campus meeting all international university standards plus our educational quality is Karwan University’s major asset.
The Development Director is responsible for designing, implementing and managing all fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other related solicitations. The development director will also be the medium of communication from Karwan University with the donor agencies and other relevant organizations.
Preferred qualifications PhD or minimum 5 years of experience
Salary range High
Total working hours per week 56 hours
Required documents at the time of application 1. Letter of interest / Cover letter
2. Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume
3. Description of development experience
4. Achievements so far in development field
|Date Posted:||08 Jun 2017||Reference:||KU/DD-2017-6|
|Closing Date:||05 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
• Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
• Take ownership of the management of the marketing functions of the business.
• Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the organization`s ambitious growth.
• Working to stringent targets, the job holder will be required to adopt a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new business call.
• Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
• Managing all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
• Maintaining contact with and writes grant proposals for foundations, corporations, and government grants.
• Researching and contacting new or potential corporate, foundation, government and individual donors.
• Supervising development staff and independent contractors.
• Being primary staff liaison for the Development Committee and ad hoc fundraising committees.
• Assuming responsibility for all development reports to the Board and other agencies.
• Working with the marketing department, identify new board prospects.
• Creating office systems to support all Development projects and operations.
• Managing donor, gift record-keeping and grant reporting.
• Attending community events related to donor cultivation.
• Participating in outreach activities and performances outside regular business hours.
• Being available to assist in any other capacity as assigned.
• Master's Degree (required) PHD (preferred).
• Five (5) years of experience in development and at least three (3) years in academics field.
• Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and community members.
• Knowledge of ticketing/registration/donor/event software.
• Experience in a customer service/hospitality.
• An understanding of budgeting principles.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously is essential.
• Demonstrated attention to detail required.
• Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applicants must submit their updated resume, cover letter, Description of development experience and achievements so far in development field mentioning the past experience and interest in this post in one PDF document to below email address. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Development Director, Vacancy no:” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before July 5 , 2017. After reviews of the KU applicants, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul.
|More jobs in this category|
|Student & Registration Officer at ATVI||Laghman||30 Nov 2017|
|IELTS Instructor at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior National Islamic Scholar Specialist. at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|(Intermediary Services) and Scholarships Mana.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-Jalalabad at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership ..||Nangarhar||24 Nov 2017|
|Primary School Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-KANDAHAR at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership D..||Kandahar||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-Mazar at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Balkh||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-HERAT at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Herat||24 Nov 2017|
|Senior Focal Point Assistant-kabul at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|معلم دری at Barakat International School||Kabul||31 Dec 2017|
|Construction Instructor at ATVI||Laghman||30 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant-JAL.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Nangarhar||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant - K.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant-Bal.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Balkh||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant -HE.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Herat||22 Nov 2017|
|Jawana Participants Recruitment Assistant - K.. at Tetra Tech -Women's Le..||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator-Jalalabad at Tetra Tech -Women's Leade..||Nangarhar||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator - Balkh at Tetra Tech -Women's Leaders..||Balkh||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator -Kandahar at Tetra Tech -Women's Leade..||Kandahar||22 Nov 2017|
|Provincial Scholarship Coordinator-HERAT at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadershi..||Herat||22 Nov 2017|
|Graphic Designer and Photographer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken Eng..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|