M&E Field Assistant(958 Views)
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women:
1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree.
2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school.
WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development.
Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
The M&E Field Assistant will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the Jawana and Royesh courses in Kabul and other provinces (Jalalabad, Balkh, Herat, Kandahar). He/She will assist the M&E Team with data collection, verification and management, and helps in the identification of challenges in monitoring, evaluation, data collection and management by providing recommendations to further improve the M&E system. The candidate will also contribute to the WLD team efforts by taking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested by her/his line manager.
|Date Posted:||11 Jun 2017||Reference:||WLD-081|
|Closing Date:||25 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
Conducts regular field monitoring visits to training sites to monitor the implementation of Jawana and Royesh courses;
Collects, compiles, checks, and sorts qualitative and quantitative data from the field;
Verifies data, reports and supporting documents submitted by implementing partners and service providers;
Supports in conducting surveys, researches and special case-studies on WLD related issues;
Participates in the quarterly data quality assessments to identify weaknesses and strengths in the WLD
implemented professional development courses;
Assists with maintaining a centralized and transparent M&E data filing system;
Prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly monitoring and evaluation related reports;
Assumes other tasks as directed by WLD M&E Manager;
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience with USG project implementation and USG rules and regulations, especially USAID.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information. Must also be able to foster supportive working relationships among all staff and implementing partners.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
• Willingness to travel to other districts of Kabul and other provinces (Jalalabad, Balkh, Herat, Kandahar), and when security permits. -
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Access, and Outlook, and online databases/platforms.
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or similar field (relevant experience and/or other university degrees may substitute for degrees mentioned). Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a related position. Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, General
Subject line must be: (M&E Field Assistant - WLD -081)
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Manager- MSD at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||28 Aug 2017|
|Field Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator at DAI||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|Deputy Chief of Party at IDS Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|M&E Supervisor at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||17 Aug 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at IDS Afghanistan||Multi Cities||21 Aug 2017|
|(M&E Advisor) for MoMP/ Research & Developmen.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||16 Aug 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at DABS||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Data Collector at OASK||Multi Cities||30 Aug 2017|