Short-Term Finance Director(968 Views)
The Afghanistan Public Financial Management (APFM) project will help Afghanistan improve its fiscal sustainability and enable delivery of essential services to its citizens by strengthening the Government’s ability at the national and sub-national levels to mobilize domestic revenue and more effectively manage its budget. Specifically, APFM’s objectives are to: 1) strengthen Government’s capacity to increase and manage domestic revenue by increasing essential capacities across Government institutions, by increasing payment compliance across revenue collecting units, and by ensuring that those receipts are promptly transferred to the treasury account; and 2) strengthen budget planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting capacities of national and sub-national Government entities, and improve communication and coordination between national and sub-national level Government entities.
The Finance Director will be responsible for all tasks related to APFM project finance. Principle duties and responsibilities are listed below.
• The Finance Director reports to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) or his/her designee.
|Date Posted:||12 Jun 2017||Reference:||APFM-087|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct financial reporting, manage cash flow, process payments for vendors, and manage office petty cash accounts.
• Manage project bank accounts, monitor bank balances, and track arrival of wire transfers in the APFM bank accounts.
• Prepare monthly budget projections and wire requests in coordination with project finance staff.
• Manage monthly accounting activities and internal day-to-day financial operations, with adhere general project policies.
• Review and release Abacus coding sheets for all financial transactions on a daily basis.
• Prepare a monthly transaction detail report; verify monthly financial reports; and review monthly bank reconciliations reports for Chemonics home office.
• Review monthly payroll and print payroll receipts; disburse payroll to staff on a monthly basis.
• Assist logistics and procurement staff in cash disbursements of items paid in petty cash.
• Process travel advances to local and expatriate staff and follow-up on outstanding balances.
• Conduct reviews of travel-related expenditures and accompanying expense reports to ensure necessary back-up documentation is in order and on file.
• Deposit all withheld taxes such as wages, office rent, and tax withholding on contractors to Da Afghanistan Bank on a monthly or as needed basis.
• Provide forms verified by the Ministry of Finance to vendors as requested.
• Maintain proper filing system and check the number of files in hard copy as per the monthly transaction details from ABACUS.
• Supervise work performed by Finance Department staff.
• Provide information requested by the Chemonics home office.
• Any other tasks or duties assigned by the DCOP or his/her designee.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, public administration, project management or related field and at least 7 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, public administration, project management or related field and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
• Ability to write and verbally communicate clearly and concisely in English and Dari or Pashto.
• Effective organizational and communication skills.
• Computer spreadsheet/word processing skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Knowledge of finance USAID rules, regulations, and procedures preferred.
• International donor experience preferred.
• Chemonics finance experience preferred
Afghanistan - Kabul
Please submit a cover letter and CV to below email address by June 20, 2017. Include the vacancy title and number (Finance Director, APFM-087) in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Program Officer (Re-advertisement) at UMASS - USWDP||Nangarhar||20 Jun 2018|