Senior Public Financial Management Specialist (Kandahar University)(642 Views)
About UMASS - USWDP
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID-funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Senior Public Financial Management Specialist (SPFMS) will be closely working with the leadership of the Kandahar University, Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and USWDP on implemenation of University Autonomy at Kandahar University, particularly in Financial Autonomy reform. The SPFMS will directly report to the University Autonomy Program Manager and to the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration of the University. The SPFMS will be mainly responsible for reviewing the existing public financial management systems, policies, and procedures, provide practical and appropriate recommendations and solutions and develop human capacities and policy documents to pave the way for the successful implementation of financial autonomy reform.
|Date Posted:||12 Jun 2017||Reference:||366|
|Closing Date:||22 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess and review the existing financial systems, policies, and procedures of the relevant University and develop the financial autonomy implementation work plan in agreement with USWDP and university leadership;
• Provide technical assistance to the university relevant departments for the implementation of the Financial Autonomy reform (by-law);
• Provide technical assistance in development of Financial Autonomy relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines;
• In close coordination with systems development team, provide technical inputs on developing Financial Management Information System (FMIS);
• Provide technical assistance in developing organization development plan, proposing constructive suggestions in the structure of the university, and developing ToRs related to Financial Autonomy departments;
• Provide technical assistance in review and development of controlling mechanisms (reporting, monitoring, and evaluation) for transparency and accountability of financial autonomy reform implementation;
• Work closely with Capaicty Development Manager of each university to develop and implement the public financial management capacity development plan for strengthening university relevant deparetments’ staff (HR, Procurement, Finance and Administration);
• Provide direct mentoring and facilitate PFM training workshops on-the-job training/coaching for university relevant units’ staff on planning, budgeting, execution, HR management, procurement management, monitoring & evaluation, reporting and revenue collection other financial autonomy related activities;
• Advocate and work closely with the leadership of the university, Ministry of Higher Education and Ministry of Finance to establish a mechanism for the re-allocation of university’s revenue into the new fiscal year budget;
• In close coordination with senior management of USWDP, University and MoHE to establish mechanisms for the sustainability of USWDP-sponsored degree programs;
• Liaison with private and public entities to brining potential partnerships to enhance autonomy of the university;
• Work with University Career Center personnel to facilitate University-Industry partnerships;
• Be the secretary of University Industry Advisory Council (UIAC);
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the position supervisor or project leadership.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Master degree in Financial Management, Economics, ACCA or CPA with five-year relevant working experience or Bachelor degree with seven-year relevant experience is required.
• Experiences in Public Finance/Accounting and Budgeting is required.
• Strong practical experiences in reviewing and developing public financial and accounting systems, policies and procedures.
• Budgeting and financial managements skills relevant to public sectors, NGOS, and organizations.
• Knowledgeable of Afghan labor, tax and procurement law.
• Knowledge of Afghanistan Public Financial Management Law and the higher education system.
• High-level proficiency in MS Office application such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Proficiency in the database operating, development and designing and knowledge in financial management software is an advantage.
• International donor-funded programs experience and knowledge of USAID programs and regulations are preferred.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills in English, Dari and Pashtu.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, management and leadership.
• Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks and number of professional staff.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision but skillful in collaborating and coordinating with other program staff and partners.
• Ability to perform various financial and interpretational analysis in problem-solving, processing data and information.
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Bachelors Degree, Economic Growth
1. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Please include names and contacts for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||21 Oct 2017|
|Financial Management Coordinator at NSDP/NATEJA||Kabul||24 Sep 2017|
|Accountant at ALEF Technology||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Finance Consultant Kapisa at Ministry of Public Health||Kapisa||01 Oct 2017|
|Human Resources (SME) at MOIA||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|International Financial Management Advisor at DABS||Kabul||01 Oct 2017|
|National Energy Economist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||13 Oct 2017|
|Energy Financial Expert at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||13 Oct 2017|
|Finance Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kandahar||30 Sep 2017|
|Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer at Afghan Social Marketing Organizati..||Kabul||26 Sep 2017|
|آمر محاسبه جنسی at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|آمر بودجه at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|آمر حسابی at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Admin/ Finance Manager at Easy Connect||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Finance Assistant for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|Finance Assistant at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Energy Economist at SMEC||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|