Proposal Engineer/Manager-Dam Construction(967 Views)
About State Corps
STATE CORPS (SC) is an Engineering and construction firm registered with U.S Government , AISA (Afghanistan Investment Support Agency) & ACCI (Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce & Industries) .The company has experience of implementing huge construction and power projects in Afghanistan and Middle East. SC is actively working in Afghanistan since last one decade and has proven performance record of executing large projects.
Provides support to tender department and management during the pre-tender process starting from evaluating/ assessing tenders, assessing risk factors to arrive at bid decisions, and estimating all the required material, equipment, and manpower needs to be able to arrive at reliable cost estimates for bidding dam construction projects.
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2017||Reference:||SC-17-19|
|Closing Date:||25 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Detailed Studies, analysation and evaluation of RFP/RFQ/EOI/Tender documents, layouts, drawings.
• In depth understanding of technical characteristics and parameters.
• Preparation of Tender review report/Synopsis for projects.
• Preparation of BOQ’s.
• Presents SWOT analysis report related to tenders in pipeline during weekly management meetings.
• Enquires, consults and coordinates with clients, partners & consultant representatives for specification/ technical and BOQ clarifications required for tenders and proposals and attends pre-bid meetings and site visits (if necessary).
• Preparation of Clarifications in Pre-bid and Post-bid stage.
• Soliciting and follow-up with the other departments such as Design, Procurement, Business Development, Construction to collect necessary inputs for preparation of proposals in order to reach cost efficiency.
• Liaises with the Procurement department to negotiate with approved vendors / suppliers and subcontractors for various supplies / material as per project (pre/ post tender).
• Preparation of tender discussion points.
• Interaction’s with Consortium Partners/Consultants at Pre-bid and Post-bid stages.
• Preparation and compilation of complete technical and commercial proposals.
• Take initiative to arrange bid securities and project specific liquid asset certificates.
• Reviewing MoU’s, NDA’s and JV agreements.
• Awareness of cost estimation for site activities.
• Finalizes estimation of all direct and indirect costs and consolidates tender documents for management review and approval.
• Preparation of techno-commercial proposals according to the customer requirements.
• Submission of proposal within deadline.
• Post bid evaluations of submitted offer.
• Analysis of market trends.
• Preparation of reports for Win/Loss Analysis to Drive Strategic Growth of organization
• Take initiative to arrange to kick off meetings for awarded projects and successful handover of documentation for awarded projects
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Up to date knowledge of market developments for Energy sector in Afghanistan
• Knowledge and Nitty-Gritty of dam construction projects
• Knowledge of Market dynamics, assessment of competition level
• Detailed understanding of Taxation
• Strategic Planning and Budgeting
• Risk Management and Cost control
• Product Sourcing strategy
• Excellent knowledge for preparation of Proposals, Response to RFP, RFQ’s
• Knowledge of market trends, industry participants, new technologies & business models
• Strong organizer, Team Player, Self-driven personality and Self-motivated, able to work under high pressure
• Excellent Techno-Commercial Skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Assess and prioritize job responsibilities
• Fluent in English language
• Well conversant to use MS office, MSP etc.
• B-SC/B-TECH/BE in Hydro/Civil/ Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 5 Years’ experience in Tendering for construction of Dam/Hydro projects.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Mechanical Engineering
Qualified candidates should submit their CV and cover letter, no later than June 25, 2017. Please include the name of position & Vacancy number in the subject line as Proposal Engineer/Manager-Dam Construction SC-17-19 otherwise your application will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||04 Apr 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer (Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP ..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Baghlan||04 Apr 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern (Infrastructure) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|