Social Organizer(971 Views)
-DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 600 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
The SO will establish village level Community Organization (CDCs) and refugees which will take responsibilities make decisions and be the stakeholder to DACAAR in all interventions.
Complete the village profile in collaboration with Field officer or project in-charge; and mobilize community for empowerment, social rehabilitation and sustainable development.
|Date Posted:||14 Jun 2017||Reference:||PB012/2017|
|Closing Date:||05 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||693 to 693 None|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The incumbent will disseminate the objectives of the project’s different interventions’ beneficiaries and other stakeholder in the target area.
• Arrange meetings and appointments with regard to training of farmers and other beneficiary groups in the area.
• Resolves any dispute related to projects interventions;
• Understand the importance of sustainability and promote its concept among the beneficiaries through dissemination, mobilization and active participation of community in the project interventions;
• Facilitate the work of the project staff through dissemination of the project objectives, and provide inputs.
• Identify, facilitate and select beneficiary according to project’s selection criteria.
• Facilitate Animal Husbandry Trainers during distribution of poultry and livestock materials and FFS sessions.
• Help project officers and technical staff in community awareness raising regarding the importance of poultry and livestock food security and income generation activities.
• Coordinate with the village communities and the authorities.
• Train community leaders in recording minutes of meetings between the project staff and among themselves, record keeping, capacity building, other organizational aspects and community development.
• Promote the concept of finding community activists and train them in community work to have improved food security and self-sufficiency.
• Report monthly progress to the project in-charge officer according to the format requested by DACAAR.
• Coordinate and cooperate with Community based organizations for social rehabilitation and development.
• Identify cultural sensitivities and inform other colleagues on the relevant issues.
• Collect relevant information/data in collaboration with DoRR, UNHCR and other stakeholders.
• Record the beneficiaries’ general income and production from livestock on practise, activity, quality and quantity basis before intervention; and collect and develop practise, activity, quality and quantity based success stories of the introduced livestock/animal husbandry management interventions on monthly basis and report it to NRM Specialist through proper channel.
• Must have strong communication skills in local language, sense of identifying, recording and promotion of community indigenous innovations.
• Any other relevant task given by Supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Other qualifications’ an advantage: Good Interpersonal Skills, Good Organizational Skills and good FFS facilitation skills
Duty station: Center - RO / Khost-Center FO with Regular travel to different districts of the province
Required number: Three (3)
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Agriculture or education.
Experience: 03 years experience in related field.
Other qualifications’ an advantage: Good Interpersonal Skills, Good Organizational Skills and good FFS facilitation skills.
Languages: Pashto / Dari and English.
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
• 36 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
Afghanistan - Khost: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KHOST)
Bachelors Degree, Education
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to Mentioned email address or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
• Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
• DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
• The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Promoter – Hygiene & Sanitation at DACAAR||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Admin officer and English Language Instructor at Ama-E-Shamal Institute o..||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|HoD of BBA Department at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Dean of Shariah Faculty at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Teacher at karwan Private High School||Kabul||17 Sep 2017|
|English Teacher at karwan Private High School||Kabul||17 Sep 2017|
|ELC Instructor (Full-Time) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Aug 2017|
|ELC Instructor & Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||10 Aug 2017|
|Computer Science Lecturer (Full Time) at Karwan University||Kabul||31 Jul 2017|
|Music Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|SPORT TEACHER معلم سپورت at Barakat International School||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|PASHTO TEACHER معلم پشتو at Barakat International School||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|Program Coordinator at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||30 Jul 2017|
|COURSE FACILITATOR at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||31 Jul 2017|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||01 Sep 2017|
|Senior English Instructor (EFL) at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||02 Aug 2017|
|IELTS Instructor at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||02 Aug 2017|
|SCHOOL TEACHERS at Barakat International School||Kabul||15 Aug 2017|
|Lecturer (BBA) at Jahan University||Kabul||01 Aug 2017|
|Lecturer (BCS, BBA, اقتصاد, حقوق و.. at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|WIE Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificatio.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|