Chief Business Development Officer (Re - Announced)(695 Views)
About Aeroparcel, Inc.
Aeroparcel (AP) is the first and largest private courier company in Afghanistan. AP is committed to modernize the courier services in Afghanistan. Within four years of operations AP plans to be the market share-leader of courier services in Afghanistan. The company offers highly competitive products, services and customer experience, and we are committed to continuously improving these offering for all our customers. With the customer at the center of everything we do, we are working hard to ensure that AP services are safe, express and affordable. The main businesses of AP are mail and document delivery, parcel delivery, transportation and logistics solutions, supply chain solutions and e-commerce delivery solutions. AP is a subsidiary company of Investone Corps, Inc. (ICI). ICI is one of the largest holding investment company in Afghanistan with corporate offices situated in several countries.
This is a Business Development role working for one the region's most dynamic courier company. The candidate is responsible for business development activities in Kabul and abroad. He/she is an essential part of the business development and responsible for all the activities related to business development of Aeroparcel. The role is responsible for selling Aeroparcel services to clients within and outside Afghanistan. For the purpose of building market awareness of Aeroparcel services and maintaining awareness of market trends and emerging demands.
With responsibility for both business development and marketing this role requires an individual capable of driving new business opportunities. You will be able to demonstrate a diverse range of sales skills to include business development, account management, networking and excellent presentation skills. This opportunity offers directorship and therefore requires an individual with experience of the courier industry.
You will be a self-starter that wants the opportunity to make the difference and as you will be in a highly visible role within a dynamic growing business there is huge potential for career progression with full P&L responsibility you will be given the autonomy and support to ensure success and great job satisfaction.
The position requires work to develop areas such as sales management, product development, distribution channel management, marketing communications, including advertising and promotions, pricing, market research, and customer service. To sum up, the Chief Business Development Officer position is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external marketing plan that would increase revenues and profits. This position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by the organization.
|Date Posted:||14 Jun 2017||Reference:||AP-061417|
|Closing Date:||14 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Facilitate growth, sales, and marketing strategies to organization.
2. Performs market research and analysis.
3. Development of business proposals, business strategy and business policies etc.
4. Actively call on prospects to identify, qualify, manage and close opportunities in new and targeted accounts
5. Create and manage a robust pipeline of qualified new business opportunities sufficient to meet annual quotas
6. Market calling, prospect selection, activity tracking, and reporting
7. Determines optimum prospect contact strategies and develops approaches to achieve prospect and account goals
8. Provides market expertise and direction to marketing team to maximize lead generation and professionally manage follow-up.
9. Increases industry leadership visibility through speaking engagements.
10. Participate in service provider dialogues for lead generation
11. Implements the recommendations of the strategic marketing plan.
12. Furnishes marketing advice, counsel and general staff support to all departments within the organization.
13. Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
14. Assists in or produces feasibility studies/business plans for new product development.
15. Develops marketing campaigns for new products and services. This includes formulating a specific budget and expenditure plan for each.
16. Manages specific corporate programs.
17. Develops brochures or other print or electronic ads to market corporate services.
18. Prepares marketing campaigns for new employees coming on board.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
20. Assists in planning of any event that highlights corporate services.
21. Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from constituents.
22. Performs public speaking to volunteer organizations and committees regarding public relations, marketing and development.
23. Develops and maintains marketing and business development budget.
24. Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, sales force effectiveness, strategic planning, services units and revenue retention and growth.
25. Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
26. Develops dashboard and reports to highlight areas of focus for leads and opportunity conversion.
27. Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports or as deemed appropriate.
28. Attending meeting on regular interval.
29. Making sure that the investment under his supervision is protected.
30. Develop and measure key performance indicators to determine and improve the
Effectiveness of activities.
31. Design and implement team building exercises.
32. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders.
This position manages all employees of the department in future and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and other latest technologies deemed appropriate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. The position also requires travel to provinces and outside countries.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. English, Pashto and Dari effective Skills
2. Business Acumen
3. Market Analysis
4. Strategic Thinking
5. Problem Solving/Analysis.
6. Financial Management.
7. Customer/Client Focus.
8. Communication Proficiency.
9. Team Building & Leadership
10. Time Management.
• Demonstrates strong knowledge with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools,
Including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and MS. Project, MS-Outlook
• Above average personal computing skills, backed up by disciplined sales force automation habits and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS (GENERAL)
• Courier, logistic services industry experience
• Practical business development experience in Afghan market.
• Experience of afghan governmental frameworks, laws and regulations.
• Practical experience in development of business proposals, business strategy and
• Practical experience in development of marketing strategic plan for businesses.
• Sales management experience
• Experience in carrying and meeting annual sales targets.
• Three years of market experience for master degree holders.
• Experience working in a strategic/targeted account sales environment.
• High energy and level of professionalism in working the market and building and cultivating relationships
• Effective team-seller, who can collaborate and orchestrate the roles of Aeroparcel and leadership in business development activities,.
• Able to align Client & Aeroparcel Strategic objectives as well as Aeroparcel integrated offerings to help achieve Client’s business goals
• Deep understanding of factors impacting Client’s industry and its competitors and how a sourcing strategy can play a role.
• A strong team player with ability to build virtual business development and service delivery teams by identifying appropriately skilled resources.
• Strong listening and consultative problem solving skills.
• Best in class executive ‘A’ level sales & communications skills. Can converse in business value terminology and appreciates international diversity.
• Effective leadership skills with demonstrable sharing of best practices.
• Proven communications skills for writing, speaking and presentation. English is must, Pashto and Dari languages are also required.
• Conveys a professional, polished image and the highest of professional ethics while maintaining a strong company attitude.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a Master’s degree is preferred to work as a Chief Business Development Officer, a professional who drives a company's growth by generating new business opportunities and motivating employees and should be well-versed in critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills.
MBA programs are tailored toward subspecialties in business; an MBA candidate in a program that emphasizes entrepreneurial business development might take courses in:
• Managerial communications
• Competitive intelligence
• Employment law for managers
• Conflict resolution and negotiation
• Knowledge management
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Business Administration
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a cover letter to Admin & HR Manager of Aeroparcel, Inc. at submission emails provided below. Please include the name of position & vacancy No. in the subject line as Chief Business Development Officer (AP-061417). No other documents are needed to be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
2. This vacancy is for Afghan only.
3. Applicants with incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered.
4. No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
5. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
6. The Agency retains the full right to cancel or amend the solicitation and associated actions.
Aeroparcel, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Market Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services ..||Herat||23 Aug 2017|
|Sales Manager at Insta Telecom||Kabul||16 Sep 2017|
|Program Counsellor at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||07 Sep 2017|
|Sales Manager at RANA Technologies||Jawzjan||31 Aug 2017|
|Senior Marketing Officer (Offline) at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Digital Media Officer at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||19 Sep 2017|
|Contract Manager at Afghanistan Faiz Satellite Communications AFSAT||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Marketing Director Assistant at (افغان تیلی کام (سلام||Kabul||17 Aug 2017|
|Salesman and Deliveryman at Habib Gulzar Non - Alcoholic Beverages Limite..||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Maternal Health Products Senior Officer at Afghan Social Marketing Organi..||Kabul||17 Aug 2017|
|Child Health Products Senior Officer at Afghan Social Marketing Organizat..||Kabul||17 Aug 2017|