Trainee Nurse(585 Views)
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan & France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides 94-bedded inpatient care for Children and adults, including 16 beds for paediatric intensive care, four operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC now offers 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory. This year FMIC will also offer 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its eHealth programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.
• Provides safe, competent, individualized nursing care to patients with care needs ranging from basic to complex, including imparting patients/family education and support. Demonstrates efficiency in use of electronic monitoring and other equipment
|Date Posted:||15 Jun 2017||Reference:||FMIC/HR/067|
|Closing Date:||21 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||12||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Nursing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be able to:
• Give and take complete bedside over.
• Maintain and transmit complete over of special assignment, for e.g. crash cart, stock medication, narcotics, refrigerator items as, OR supplies assigned by supervisor.
• Complete initial assessment of patient to identify care needs and document it accurately.
• Ensure all assigned patients got quality nursing care by reassessing patient’s health status during his/ her hospitalization.
• Perform risk assessment for fall and take necessary actions if required.
• Deliver appropriate care to all assigned patients independently as per individualized needs.
• Explain & deliver care to patients as per identified needs during assessment.
• Monitor vital signs as per patient condition or unit protocol and report in case of any abnormality.
• Assess patient’s level of pain (subjective/objective) by utilizing standardized pain scales.
• Administer medication safely, monitor patient responses to medication where indicated and report related incidents promptly.
• Practice safe intravenous (IV) therapy and monitor patients’ responses and take actions accordingly.
• Perform blood and blood product transfusion according to the defined policy.
• Able to handle patient safely under phototherapy, incubator or warming unit.
• Assist physician in delivery and other gynecological procedures.
• Initiate resuscitation in case of cardiac arrest and provide appropriate care.
• Demonstrate competency in performing 12 leads Electro Cardio Gram.
• Review patient’s diagnostic finding, report in case of abnormality, perform intervention as requested and follow up.
• Ensure adequate nutrition and fluid management of patient.
• Provide hygiene care to all patients as per defined policy.
• Safely receive the patient from outside as referral or any other nursing unit.
• Transfer the patient safely for procedures to OR/ Labor room or shift out to other areas as per criteria defined.
• Check all pre-operative preparation of patient and documentation pertaining to patient and surgery as appropriate.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill regarding proper use of unit relevant equipment and their safe handling. Follow manufacturer’s instructions related to operating, handling, cleaning and safety checks of all equipment/ instruments
• Coordinate the movement of the equipment from OR to other units and vice versa and maintain records.
• Coordinate care services with other departments. E.g. professional health service, facility management division etc. to meet client’s needs.
• Comply with unit as well as nursing division policies.
• Adhere to the infection control practices and follow asepsis.
• Demonstrate positive and supportive attitude towards supervisor and seniors/team leaders
• Take initiatives towards his/her responsibilities.
• Work in a team environment; contribute ideas and solutions to resolve problems that will improve teamwork within the department.
• Perform any other related task as assigned by the supervisor.
• Display caring and compassionate attitude towards patients and families
• Basic life support (BLS) provider
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) provider
• Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) provider
• Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP)
• Medication certification module for RNs
• Peripheral intravenous cannulation (PIVC)
• Ability to carry out basic obstetrics/gynecological/ and neonatal assessment.
• Identify, manage and competent in dealing with antenatal, postnatal and gynecology patients.
• Knowledgeable and competent to deal with newborn provide safe care.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill regarding proper use of unit relevant equipment and their safe handling.
• Ability to organize workload and identify priorities appropriately.
• Able to deal with difficult customers.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with team members.
• Ability to cope with stressful situations.
• Administer medication safely to patients.
• Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment to the institution and customers and clear accountability.
• Ability to work with health care team and contribute ideas and solutions to resolve problems.
• Nursing diploma/degree registered with the relevant entities i.e. MoPH/MoHE
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, No CV will be considered without relevant Degree French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul University also you can visit our website for more details www.fmic.org.af
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged CVs required to be covered with Application letter also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
|ICU Nurse Nangarhar at Ministry of Public Health||Nangarhar||20 May 2018|