UX – UI Designer(1534 Views)
About Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)
Governmental officeThe Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is responsible for the planning, monitoring, maintenance and development of the various transport infrastructure projects such as Roads, Bridges, Culverts, Railway and Airport in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from development Budget for the Ministry of Public works.
The purpose of the position is to plan, organize, and coordinate with MIS Team in UX - UI Designer for the MoPW.
|Date Posted:||18 Jun 2017||Reference:||MPW/RCBIP/96 - 009|
|Closing Date:||30 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be a great team player, experienced working in teams and collaborate with senior developers to define and implement innovative solutions for the system visuals and UI experience
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
• Transform the completed design into responsive web documents using HTML/CSS/JS
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• Perform UI tests to optimize performance
• Knowledge of PHP, Laravel framework, Angular2, MySQL is a plus
• Assist the MIS office in preparing plans and reports.
• Coordinate the efforts with relevant department of MoPW.
• Take part in capacity building sort term programs for MoPW staff in related field.
• Assists the MIS office in smooth implementation of all due activities.
• And any other duties and assignment decided by management
• Ability to work in team
• Proven solid experience in responsive UI design
• Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
• Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
• A bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science (BCS)
• A bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science (BCS) with minimum 1 + years relevant experience.
• Job knowledge
• Motivation/Self Reliance
• Team Work Ability
• Planning and organization
• Analysis and preparation of report;
• Knowledge and ability to apply computer applications like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Fluency in English, Dari and/or Pashto
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV, to ( Mentioned Submission Email ) kindly indicate the vacancy number (MPW/ RCBIP/96-009) and the post title (UX – UI Designer) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Department – Reform and Capacity Building Implementation Directorate of Ministry of Public Works first Macroryan Kabul Afghanistan.
firstname.lastname@example.org CC: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Information Technology Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||03 Jun 2018|
|Head of Network at Global Technology||Kabul||20 May 2018|
|Help Desk Executive at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Night Shift NOC Engineer at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Sound System and Information Technology Offic.. at Afghanistan Chamber of..||Kabul||23 May 2018|
|Senior IT Officer at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (THRCP/MOP..||Kabul||23 May 2018|
|آمر تکنالوژی معلوماتی at MoLSAMD||Kabul||22 May 2018|
|Persian Personalized Internet Assessor - Afgh.. at Lionbridge GSS||Multi Cities||01 Jun 2018|
|IT & MIS Manager (Re_ Announced) at Exchangerzone||Kabul||25 May 2018|