About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 30,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored 112 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 5,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Brief post description:
Cleaner in Kabul Guest house will be in charge of all compound cleaning, related issues as preparation the meals three times a day, seven days in a week for 3-10 national and international staff, organize the food supplies, cleaning the kitchen and dishware, etc.
|Date Posted:||18 Jun 2017||Reference:||TMT-19-17 Cleaner|
|Closing Date:||01 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Category||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To obtain the rooms are cleaned and arranged, including dusting all areas (including shelves and hard to reach areas), vacuum cleaning/floor washing and bathrooms.
• Ensure that restrooms have sufficient materials at all times (soap, toilet paper, etc.)
• Checking all the equipment’s are regularly & nicely washed and cleaned
• Assists the cook with washing dishes after meals/use
• Switches on and off all lights of the building on time, pay attention that lights remain off when a room is not in use.
• Put Carpets, blankets, mattresses, pillows under sunshine for 4-5 hours weekly to be avoiding from moisture and insects.
• Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard and for long hours;
• To replace her colleagues in case of absence, such as holidays & illness.
• Must obey and work according the time and schedule given by his supervisor.
• Checks the heaters during winter in the morning and continuously keeps checking it.
• To have good relation and cooperation with the other colleagues
• Be able to arrive to office earlier and ensure all the rooms and premises are cleaned.
• To help when requested by an expatriate for every kind of task not mentioned above.
• General care of garden + every day evening watering of grass & paths
• Every day garbage collection and disposal
• Small purchasing while requested by staff
• Performs any other duty given to her by his supervisor.
• Good character, cooperative and honest;
• Politeness, maturity and honesty
• Minimum 2 years previous working experience with NGOs and expatriates;
• Experience in gardening and cleaning
• Basic English, ability to read/write Dari.
• Completion of secondary school
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Secondary School, Category
Interested qualified candidates should send a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience to the below submission email no later than 1-July-2017. The subject line of the email must be: (TMT-7-2017 Cleaner).otherwise the application will not consider.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!