About OFWMP / MAIL
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
The Project consists of the following parts:
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||18 Jun 2017||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/108|
|Closing Date:||05 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Report on duty according to the office prepared duty roster;
• Cleaning the office rooms including vacuum cleaning, desks, chairs, windows, windows net and office equipment;
• Ensure to response to the staff members in case of any needs related to the job; Prepare Tea/Coffee and bring lunches for staff when required;
• Maintenance and lean all cleaning equipment utilized;
• Keeps office room floors, surfaces, furniture, walls, doors, windows, carpets cleaned and hygienic;
• Assist in the loading, unloading and movement of furniture, equipment, cargo and office supplies;
• Performed variety of unskilled tasks as helper;
• To ensure toilets and office required items/supplies (soap, spry, towel) are cleaned and well organized
• Maintain office yard clean
• Assist the cook when needed.
• Perform all other work related duties;
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Primary or secondary school education;
At least Two year of progressively responsible cleaning experience;
Fluency in Dari and Pashto;
Must be active and reliable person;
Ability to remain focused when under pressure with a commitment to work hard and for long hours
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Secondary School, General
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their CV's with covering letter explaining how you meet the required competencies electronically through submission e-mail or should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the Reference No of the position) to: Human Resources Department, On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Kindly make sure to write the reference number of the position in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
The Subject line should be ( MAIL/OFWMP/108 )
Note: The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. And to ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel
|More jobs in this category|
|Administrative Officer at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||04 Jul 2017|
|تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||24 Jul 2017|
|مدیر اداری /میدان شهر at DABS||Wardak||24 Jul 2017|
|Admin/Finance Assistant (Renounced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP P..||Bamian||14 Jul 2017|
|Admin/HR Assistant at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||30 Jul 2017|
|Admin/Finance Assistant (Renounced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP P..||Herat||09 Jul 2017|
|Driver at Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)||Kabul||02 Jul 2017|
|Administration Director at State Corps||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|
|Finance & Administrative Assistant -Fixed Ter.. at World Health Organizat..||Balkh||29 Jun 2017|
|Governoment Relation Officer at Kabul Chamber of Commerce and Industries ..||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|Admin Expert for MoMP/Admin and Services Dire.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|معاون تحویلدار at DABS||Kabul||12 Jul 2017|
|Administrative Manager at Omid Bahar Fruit Processing Ltd.||Kabul||06 Jul 2017|
|Trainer for Civil Society Actvities (CSO Memb.. at Afghanistan Rural Empo..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2017|
|Plant/Site Administrator at Southern Development-Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|