Business Development Officer(631 Views)
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 30,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored 112 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighbourhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewellery and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold US$ 5,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Turquoise Mountain aims to transform the Afghan craft industry into a significant driver of national economic growth and job creation. In November 2015 Turquoise Mountain began a three year, USAID funded program, dedicated to creating a self-sustaining and diverse Afghan artisan sector that is able to flourish independently of foreign aid, employing thousands, empowering women, instilling pride, and creating a new more positive image of Afghanistan around the world. The program aims to support at least 115 Afghan artisan businesses, and create 1,100 new or better direct jobs in supported businesses over the lifetime of the program.
|Date Posted:||18 Jun 2017||Reference:||TMT-18-17 Business Development officer|
|Closing Date:||01 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Business Support Manager, the Business Development Officer will:
1) Support identified artisan businesses with practical and tangible advice and support to improve and grow their business.
2) Accurately assess the needs of identified artisan businesses and find practical solutions that address specific needs.
3) Support Turquoise Mountain’s monitoring and evaluation team to measure Turquoise Mountain’s impact on the supported businesses.
4) Provide in-person business mentoring for selected artisan businesses.
Personal Competencies Required
• Experience and skill in working in private sector development, particularly micro and small enterprises;
• Personal experience owning or working in a small or medium size enterprise a plus;
• Experience providing business related trainings or similar is a plus;
• Past or current engagement in artisan sector a plus;
• An adaptable and energetic problem solver with good communication skills;
• Ability to generate new ideas for the growth of supported Artisan businesses;
• Demonstrated experience working as a part of a successful team;
• Strong self-initiative, committed, flexible and loyal.
• A native speaker
• Fluency in English
• Competent operating Microsoft office programs
• Bachelors in Business or equivalent in relevant field required, MBA preferred;
• 3+ years’ practical experience in small to medium size business or related work
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested qualified candidates should send a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience to the below submission email no later than 1-July-2017. The subject line of the email must be: (TMT-18-17Business Development officer).otherwise the application will not consider.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview
|More jobs in this category|
|MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||11 Sep 2017|
|Senior Business and Operation officer at Afghanistan Payments Systems (AP..||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|Senior Internal Audit officer at Afghanistan Payments Systems (APS)||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|Teller for Ghazni Branch at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Ghazni||19 Aug 2017|
|Director of Sponsored Programs at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|US Government Grants Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|Grant Writer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|Statistician and Modeler for MoMP/ Research &.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||16 Aug 2017|
|(Stakeholder Engagement, Investor Liaison) fo.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||16 Aug 2017|
|Sector Advisor, Value Addition for MoMP/ Rese.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||16 Aug 2017|
|(Sector Advisor, Commodities and Market) for .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||16 Aug 2017|
|(Investment Sector Advisor) for MoMP/ Researc.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||16 Aug 2017|
|Director of Advancement at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|INTERNSHIP at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||26 Aug 2017|
|EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CEO at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||23 Aug 2017|
|SENIOR BUSINESS AND STRATEGY ADVISOR at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||23 Aug 2017|