Water Supply Engineer(1044 Views)
About NSDP | MOLSAMD
The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) is functioning under the Social Protection Sector Strategy (SPSS) of the Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS) mandated to address labor and social affairs and deliver welfare and empowerment services to persons with disability (PwD) and martyrs survivors (MSs). MoLSAMD facilitates employment opportunities through skills development projects for eligible individuals and supports poor and vulnerable groups with social insurance and social services including disability pension, kindergartens, and orphanages.
Prepare design and technical specifications for Water Supply and sanitation projects and supervise activities of contractors on construction sites (gravity and pressure line, distribution network, solar fed-water supply networks, wells, pumping station, reservoirs and other hydro-technical structures)
|Date Posted:||18 Jun 2017||Reference:||MoLSAMD/DGPP/GMCP 03|
|Closing Date:||24 Jun 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare Civil engineering designs based on the recognized standards, relating to new/upgrades water supply RCC structures.
• Produce engineering studies and cost estimates for option analysis.
• Prepare detailed designs, calculations, and scope of works, specifications, bills of quantities and drawings for contract work packages.
• Reply to technical bid inquiries and prepare technical bid evaluations. Supervise the contractors to ensure all work is performed in accordance with the plans, specifications and agreement.
• Maintain, through Technical staff, coordination of IPs with community to ensure participation (Process).
• Chair and lead meetings related to technical issues and project implementation, prepare minutes and update schedules.
• Monitor construction activities for safe work practices.
• Review extra work or variations order requests and provide recommendation to the program and department.
• Ensure that all designs and technical specifications are shared with technical working groups and their comments and agreements are obtained.
• Willing to travel and be on the site 2-3 weeks per month.
• Other relevant duties delegated by the GM construction projects.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Computer Skills: Proficiency with AutoCAD and MS office required, familiarity with other relevant software programs is a plus point.
• Good Communication and Teamwork Skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good working knowledge of English is necessary
Academic Background: Bachelor or higher degree of University in water supply or civil Engineering, Extra courses/studies on relevant design filed are considered an advantage.
Experience: With Bachelor 3 years, or with Master 2 years of specific design experience. Experience in a design role with government institutions is considered an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interest candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP), Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org/ CC : Abdullah.email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Site Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|Survey Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL..||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|PIO Manager at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||04 May 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||11 May 2018|
|Substation and Distribution Engineers at CEES||Bamian||30 Apr 2018|
|انجنیر هایدرولیک at DABS||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Construction Supervisor Vacancy No: C-643 at Ministery of Energy and Wate..||Farah||24 Apr 2018|
|Design Engineer- Autocad Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|