Quality Control Engineer(2575 Views)
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||19 Jun 2017||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/109|
|Closing Date:||05 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The QC engineer will have the overall responsibility of checking and guiding the work of contractors in all 5 OFWMP Regions
• He/she has to work in close coordination with the project chief design engineer for the timely completion of all irrigation related infrastructures with the required quality;
• Coordinate all technical activities in all 5 Regions and on the sites to make sure the construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure is according to the engineering standards mentioned in the project Technical Specifications and as per the contract document of the sub project;
• Conduct missions to site, to ensure that work quality and progress is satisfactory and as per the OFWMP standard technical specification and schedule of the sub project;
• Organize and follow up construction meetings, and check specifications and quality of the precast structures at the factory before shifting to the site;
• Ensure that all tests are performed at the site for the various water course lining technology
• Ensure that contractors comply with the approved drawings , layouts, and quality for the entire irrigation scheme; including all irrigation infrastructures such as; field turnouts, drop structures, culverts, weirs, and community access points;
• Review material submitted by contractors for compliance with the BoQ and specifications and to check compliance of QC requirements as per approved QC plan of the project.
• Review existing practice of the contractors and make recommendations, where remedial action is required, that will increase efficiency (taking budget and time constraints into account) in all new and reconstruction programs undertaken by OFWMP.
• Ensure that contractors comply with their work plans to complete work within specified time frame;
• Ensure that the contractor provides the labors with the safety equipment at the construction site;
• Check and review the works quantity reported by contractor for interim payments;
• Prepare daily record of work progress at the construction site;
• Apply the QC plan for monitoring, reporting and supervision strategy that will help in better implementation of OFWMP guidelines in sub-project activities;
• Prepare of close out documents as per the project close out procedures; and
• Perform any other project relevant activity assigned by the Project Manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The candidate should have MSc Degree in relevant field with 3 years relevant work experience, or Bachelor Degree in relevant field with 5 years relevant work experience from a reputable university with general understanding of (construction quality of canal, Lining Technologies, water control gates, flow measurement structures, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc), Construction Quality Control, Site Safety and must have one year work experience in Quality Assurance.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their CV's with covering letter explaining how you meet the required competencies electronically through submission e-mail or should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the Reference No of the position) to: Human Resources Department, On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Kindly make sure to write the reference number of the position in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
The Subject line should be ( MAIL/OFWMP/109 )
Note: The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. And to ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.
|More jobs in this category|
|Site Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|Survey Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL..||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|PIO Manager at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||04 May 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||11 May 2018|
|Substation and Distribution Engineers at CEES||Bamian||30 Apr 2018|
|انجنیر هایدرولیک at DABS||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Construction Supervisor Vacancy No: C-643 at Ministery of Energy and Wate..||Farah||24 Apr 2018|
|Design Engineer- Autocad Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|