Communications Officer / Pashto Translator(576 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Communications Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as Communications Officer / Pashto Translator based in Kabul.
The Communications Officer / Pashto Translator will support the Director of Communications in managing all aspects of communications, public relations, and social media at the American University of Afghanistan. S/he will work with the Director of Communications to implement communication strategies to broaden the impact of the University’s programs and oversee organizational messaging and constituent services.
|Date Posted:||19 Jun 2017||Reference:||N/A|
|Closing Date:||04 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Officer / Pashto Translator is responsible for collecting, produce and manage communication products and materials in support of AUAF communication strategy, including the following duties:
• Supports the Director of Communications in development and implementation of communications strategy and plan;
• Supports in organizing media and communications events;
• Supports the production of communications material for external and internal audiences consistent with the branding guidelines of AUAF;
• Develops messages and write and edit content for a range of purposes;
• Translating simultaneously from Pashto to English and vice versa (Dari Translation is a plus);
• Writing/translating articles in Pashto based on need;
• Regularly updates AUAF website and pages on social media;
• Provides support in directing and coordinating the university’s marketing, web presence, media presentations, and print media with other related university functions; and
• Develops and maintain relations with media, government, and the public, in close coordination with the support of the Director of Communications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• The position requires the incumbent to reside in Afghanistan
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or business administration; management and marketing
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of communications and public relations with an international institution
• Excellent spoken and written English and Pashto skills
• Proven organizational skills including ability to ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities, and negotiate timelines
• Good conceptual and analytical as well as creative thinking
• Ability to grasp the marketing concept in today’s market nature and advise accordingly based on daily improved marketing concepts
• Proven written and translation ability in English, Dari, and Pashto
Basic Qualifications Required:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior written and oral communication skills both in English and Pashto
• Advanced computer skills
• Ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes
• Excellent analytical, project management, and organizational skills
• Photography skills
• Design and layout skills
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Media
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Communications Officer / Pashto Translator” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before July 4th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Communications Officer at DABS||Kabul||24 Jul 2017|
|Communication Officer at دارالانشا شورای وزیران||Kabul||07 Jul 2017|
|Marketing Officer at Skytravellers.com - Sky Travels||Kandahar||28 Jun 2017|
|National SMS/IVR Strategy Consultant at Equal Access International||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|External Communications Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||25 Jun 2017|
|Grants & Communications Advisor at DACAAR||Kabul||01 Jul 2017|