Curriculum Developer(708 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Curriculum Developer for the “Promoting Durable Solutions in Informal Settlements of Protracted IDPs and Regional Refugee Returnees” project will be responsible for developing training content for building capacities of government agencies, elected community leaders, and representatives of returnee refugees and IDPs for integration on mutually beneficial terms. Her inputs will feed into a Training Manual to be incorporated into the next CCAP cycle.
|Date Posted:||20 Jun 2017||Reference:||VA-2017-36|
|Closing Date:||06 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 11 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Based on research / experiential / acquired knowledge about essential services needed by returnee refugees and protracted IDPs, and assessment of local government capacities to deliver those, develop suitable content of training modules to build capacities of governmental agencies to deliver services effectively;
• In collaboration with the Master Trainer, conduct pilot training workshops, collect feedback through post-training assessment and other methods, and modify content as required;
• Once content is finalized, assist the Master Trainer to develop suitable training aids to impart training to representatives of government departments for enhancing their capacity to understand what kind of services are expected from their departments/agencies and how to deliver those better;
• Provide local support to external consultant in the development of a Refugee Reception manual for use of Community Development Councils and Guzar Associations;
• In consultation with Afghanaid’s Resource Mobilization Department and other Programme colleagues develop a manual for proposal writing by representatives of host communities, returnee refugees and IDPs;
• To perform any other related duties as required by the line manager
Master Degree (MA) in Political Science, Education, Psychology or any branch of Social Sciences. Certification as a Master Trainer from a reputed training institute or professional association of trainers is desirable.
• Proven experience in assessing training needs, developing training curricula and training modules;
• Ability to convert lessons learnt and experiences gained from delivering training in the field to develop Training Manuals;
• Previous exposure to Afghan refugees;
• Ability to speak, read, and fluently write English, Dari and Pashtu languages.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access software.
• Work experience with refugees in Pakistan / Iran
• Familiarity with International conventions on Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDP)
• Familiarity with the Afghan national policy on IDPs and UNHCR’s Durable Solutions for Afghan Refugees
• Publications in English will be given extra credit.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management, programme development, monitoring & evaluation and reporting. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
• Excellent conceptual and analytical skills able to distil key ideas with clarity and precision.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
• Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact.
• Proficiency in office software applications, including spreadsheets, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
• Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
• Business oriented with a commitment to build Afghanaid’s agility and grow its reputation.
• Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems.
• Proven ability to effectively designs and implements logical frameworks and work plans.
• Cleary exhibited knowledge of sustainability and exit strategies
• Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 06 Jul, 2017. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Male Supervisor/Agronomist Trainer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and D..||Herat||23 Aug 2017|
|Female Supervisor at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Servic..||Herat||23 Aug 2017|
|Senior Legal Education Specialist at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||26 Aug 2017|
|Head of Program Analysis at MOIA||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Policy Specialist (Re-advertisement) UNDP/LoG.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||24 Aug 2017|
|Gender Specialist (Re-advertisement) UNDP/EGE.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Program Manager at NEI (Nutrition and Education International)||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|Senior Policy Advisor for MoMP/ Research & De.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||16 Aug 2017|
|(Program Development Advisor) for MoMP/ Resea.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||16 Aug 2017|