Field Engineer(1756 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Support to National Priority Program -2 (SNaPP2). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 26,000 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Herat, Balkh, and Nangarhar Provinces by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under the direct supervision of the irrigation project coordinator and guidance of the director of the irrigation directorate and in close coordination with the SNaPP-2 infrastructure specialist, the Field Engineer will be based in one of the target provinc (Balkh) and will be focal point between contactors/service providers and irrigation directorate during construction phase.
|Date Posted:||05 Jul 2017||Reference:||F.Eng 54321/MAIL/SNaPP2|
|Closing Date:||18 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts regular project visits in Balkh province to ensure that the work quality and progress is satisfactory and as per the irrigation department’s standard, technical specifications and schedule of the sub project respectively;
• Assist the Consultancy Contractor during technical survey Design steps of Irrigation scheme, and take part in project infrastructure selection walkthrough.
• He/She should be fully aware of MAIL and IFAD contractual procedures.
• Spot checking and guiding contractors on the requirements of the contract and on technical specifications to make sure the civil works are completed according the engineering standards;
• Reviews material submitted by contractors for compliance with the BOQ and specifications
• Checks compliance of QC requirements as per approved QC plan of the sub-project;
• Ensures that all tests are performed at the site for the various water course lining technology of schemes and the test results are well documented on daily basis;
• Responsible for quality of used materials in the construction work, and the workmanship;
• Ensure timely completion of projects as scheduled originally (as per the work plan);
• Responsible for controlling of quantity of the work completed according to the agreed-upon schedule
• To make sure the contractors have made enough provisions for allowing flow of canal water for irrigation, and build temporary pedestrian path or establish alternate road;
• Submits weekly, monthly and project completion report of work progress to project Manager also keep the sub-project issues log updated;
• Ensure that the contractor provide labors the required safety equipment at the construction site as well as the contractor strictly following the prepared Environmental and Social Safeguard Management Plan;
• Responsible for validation and certification of payments to contractors.
• Responsible for solving technical problems during construction, in close coordination with regional manager;
• Facilitates site-meetings when necessary;
• Should have a close communication with IA, community, CDCs and contractor;
• Responsible of coordination and communication with DAIL offices.
• Maintains all documentation, work schedules and correspondence between PIU and Contractor;
• Ensures that Variation Order (VO) and/or Change Orders are issued in a timely manner;
• Ensures that construction schedules are regularly monitored;
• Ensure that time extension are issued before the contractual completion dates
• Keeps separate file for each contract from issuance of NIB to final payment;
• Maintains a database of geo-referenced photographs of work progress from start to completion;
• Maintains all quality control reports for each contract including OK cards;
• Maintains physical and financial progress of each contract;
• Prepares an inventory of Contractor;
• Assists in preparing and submitting in a timely manner all required performance reports to SNaPP -2 and ID
• Consults and reviews technical proposals according to the donor’s requests
• Processes documents for travel and per diem by experts monitoring irrigation systems
• Performs all other relevant project activities assigned by the Irrigation Project Coordinator .
• Good Command of Auto CAD, MS Project and other Engineering Softwares.
• Minimum 4 years of work experience in site engineering /quality control/ field supervisor is required;
• Must be efficient in completion of the assigned tasks on time on the office/sits;
• Good capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn, and basic computer literacy; and
• Must have good report writing skills
• Good communication skill in Dari and Pashto .
The candidate must have at least BSc in civil engineering or irrigation engineering or construction engineering from a recognized university and should have general understanding of (construction of canals, lining technologies, water control gates, flow measurement structures, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc.), quality control and safety.
Afghanistan - Balkh
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter
• Subject line must be: (Field Engineer- F.Eng 54321/MAIL/SNaPP2) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written Test.
|More jobs in this category|
|Site Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|Survey Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL..||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|PIO Manager at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||04 May 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||11 May 2018|
|Substation and Distribution Engineers at CEES||Bamian||30 Apr 2018|
|انجنیر هایدرولیک at DABS||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Construction Supervisor Vacancy No: C-643 at Ministery of Energy and Wate..||Farah||24 Apr 2018|
|Design Engineer- Autocad Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|