Watch Legal Advisor(464 Views)
About Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan
Nai Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan is an Afghan media development NGO based in Kabul.
Nai was launched in June 2004 and is registered and recognized by the Ministry of Economics of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Nai is also a full member of Internews International (www.internews.tv), an association uniting thirty-one autonomous non-profit organizations working for the development of independent, pluralistic and open media worldwide.
The Legal Adviser responsible for counseling of Media Section and solve the Journalist problems and legal support and advice Journalists.
|Date Posted:||06 Jul 2017||Reference:||023|
|Closing Date:||18 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide immediate legal support and advice to the journalists
• Analyse and research the Afghanistan media law and other related laws
• Travel to provinces and follow up the journalists legal cases at the primary courts if required
• Provide stories on media legal and/or Freedom of expression issues for media watch monthly report as well as the biweekly radio program
• Work with media activists to promote media law and freedom of expression
• Building relation with journalism unions and media outlets to discuss media law and code of ethics
• Conduct seminars and workshops on media law and freedom of expression issues .
• Provide confidential counseling and advice to any of Nai employee who being affected by works related issues or problems that are not work related issues.
• Assisting and providing personal assistance, emotional support to staff which may include family or work stress counseling or problem such as depression , anxiety at work environment.
• Identifying problems and finding possible solution and communicate with Nai Director.
• Teaching Media Law in NMI ( Nai Media Institute)
Good communication skills
Good presentation skills
University degree in Law and Political Science.
• Minimum Three years’ of experience in the field
• High proficiency in written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto
• Ability to work in MS Office software programs
• Ability to travel to provinces as per need
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Law
Application : A full hard copies of your CV and cover letter are to be completed in english and sent to HR Department on the following Address: Darullaman Main Road , Sharkat bus station , second street of Karte Sai , House # 89 , Kabul Afghanistan or send soft copies of your CV and Covering letter to bellow email
|More jobs in this category|
|National Legal Research & Curriculum Advisor at IDLO||Kabul||23 Jul 2017|
|Legal Expert at National Security Council||Kabul||21 Jul 2017|