Credit Supervisor(495 Views)
About FINCA Afghanistan
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA)
FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The Credit Supervisor (CS) will enlarge and strengthen FINCA’s portfolio by supporting a team of Credit Officers. The CS will help the Credit Officers (CO) find, evaluate, and monitor FINCA Clients. CS will verify loan documentation prepared by CO and coordinates with MIS officer & branch manager to make sure all portfolio information is entered in FINCA’s database. The CS will help to train his/her team of COs and will make sure they follow all FINCA policy/procedures. The CS will assist the branch manager in designing an expansion plan in the region. The CS will make regular field visits and review/monitors the related credit officer’s portfolio. The CS will prepare regular reports for BM. The CS will be responsible for marketing and community relations in the geographic area assigned to his/her team. CS is expected to take the initiative to suggest improvements to FINCA’s operations and methodologies. The CS will back up the BM in case of absence.
|Date Posted:||09 Jul 2017||Reference:||FA-KBL-Qala-e-Fatullah Branch-138|
|Closing Date:||19 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to achieve FINCA’s goals, the CS will work closely with their team of COs to provide the following services:
• Develop regular plans to hit FINCA’s portfolio targets through his/her related team.
• Manage the portfolio of clients, and ensure that all clients have a Credit Officer assigned to them at all times. If one CO is absent, make sure another CO is assigned to all his/her clients.
• Ensure daily scheduling of CO’s transportation and clients are served on a timely manner.
• On time process of loan files for the related credit officers
Monitoring and Reporting
• Monitor how clients use their loans. Make sure all loans are used based on the product requirement by conducting post/pre-disbursement regular checks.
• Monitor the application, preparation and disbursement for new loans: attend clients promotional meetings, assist in approval of all new loans, review all related forms to be in compliance with FINCA’s policy procedure and the information has to be correct and valid.
• Monitor closely the recoveries and ensure related credit officers are following FINCA policy/procedures.
• Conduct frequent field visits to clients.
• Supervise the performance of COs at lending process and provide immediate feedback to COs about their performance (at informational meetings, disbursements, weekly recovery meetings, PAR monitoring and etc..).
• Conduct regular meetings with the team of COs, review progress report and make sure all members of the credit team are reaching their goals. Discuss problems and help COs find solutions.
• Prepare and compile regular required reports for the BM on the progress of the credit team.
• Act as a liaison between branch management and COs; report CO issues to Branch Manager and inform COs of all policy changes and management memos on time.
• Assist in preparing and presenting programming issues at staff meetings.
• Monitor and regular follow-ups with both credit officer and client to avoid any repayment going in to the arrear
• Check business places of all arrears clients, and spot check businesses of all clients.
• Report all late payments per-predefined procedure Explain the cause of the arrears, explain what action is being taken and when the CS expects the late payments to be recovered.
• Report all breaches of methodology by clients or COs. Identify cause of the breach and recommend a response to the BM (information, training, discipline, etc).
• Verify that all paperwork is in order; loan forms contain all necessary signatures/valid info, and everything is properly and completely filled-out.
• Report any suspicious activity, problem, fraud, relates to the credit officer or client to Branch Management and related departments.
• CS has to have training capacity, information, materials and skills to complete their jobs and train his/her related team. Discuss/identify what COs needs and Work with management to organize the training.
• Stimulate and motivate CO to achieve the goals of FINCA.
• Assist branch management in performance evaluation of COs in the CS’ team and provide input in improving the benefit system for CO.
• Assist/train the CO in evaluating the credit risk of clients.
• Evaluate current policies and procedures and recommend ways to make operations safer, more efficient/productive.
• Experience performing Management function or the ability to supervise.
• Experience building and managing a portfolio of loans desirable
• Minimum High school diploma, University education in finance, retail banking, credit, or another quantitative field an advantage
• Experience in private business, credit, trade, or manufacturing desirable
• Initiative, integrity, self-management, and ability to work independently (while consulting with management)
• Experience working in the field, bazaars, or markets an advantage
• Knowledge in social science or having some experience in social work
• Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
• Dari and Pashto fluency required; some knowledge of English is an advantage.
• Computer (word processing, data entry and data base management) skills an advantage
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
Minimum High school diploma, University education in finance, retail banking, credit, or another quantitative field an advantage
4- years’ experience in private business, credit, trade, or manufacturing desirable, Experience working in the field, bazaars, or markets an advantage
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Banking
Kabul, Afghanistan Submission Guideline
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV along with application letter also please mention the position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email (FA-KBL-Qala-e-Fatullah Branch-138), otherwise your Application/CV will not be considered for mentioned position.
|More jobs in this category|
|Teller at FMFB||Sar-e Pol||04 Oct 2017|
|Branch Assistant at FMFB||Badakhshan||04 Oct 2017|
|Customer Service Officer at Afghanistan International Bank||Balkh||26 Sep 2017|
|Customer Service Officer at Afghanistan International Bank||Kunduz||24 Sep 2017|
|Trainer at FMFB||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Deputy Branch Manager for Heart at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Herat||01 Oct 2017|
|Saria Shahzada Branch General Manager at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||01 Oct 2017|
|Internal Control Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Sar-e Pol||27 Sep 2017|
|Teller at FMFB||Kunduz||27 Sep 2017|
|Assistant Teller at FMFB||Baghlan||27 Sep 2017|
|Training Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Sep 2017|
|Call for CV- Credit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Feb 2018|