Chief Operations Officer(1032 Views)
About Exchangerzone, Inc.
Exchangerzone, Inc. is the Afghanistan first and largest private financial company founded by Investone Corps, Inc. (ICI) in August 2015. Exchangerzone was registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) under license number D-8062 as a private corporation in 2016. It was also duly registered with Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB) under license number 423 and license number 201607 as FXD/MSP to offer financial services. Exchangerzone is a fully-fledged financial company which offers wide range of quality financial services within Afghanistan and abroad. The company specializes in foreign exchange, money transfer, microfinance, investment schemes, financial consulting and other selected financial services. We are the first private company in Afghanistan outside the banking industry to offer specialized foreign exchange, remittance, microfinance, investment, consulting and financial services. The service portfolio of Exchangerzone operate in four divisions i.e. Financial Service Division (FSD), Microfinance Division (MD), Investment Division (ID) and Financial Consulting Division (FCD).
Exchangerzone is an ISO certified company. We are the member of International Association of Money Transfer Networks, UK, The Microfinance Association, UK, and Afghanistan Microfinance Association and other national and international organizations. Headquartered in Kabul, Exchangerzone plans to spread its footprint in all the major countries of the world. We see our future growth and changes with discipline and integrity. For now we are operating in Afghanistan, Dubai, India, Pakistan, Turkey and China. (About us)
Based in the Kabul, the incumbent will be the Chief Operations Officer (COO) of Exchangerzone, Inc. and will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He/she will direct, administer, and coordinate the internal operational activities of the Exchangerzone in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board of Directors and Board of Supervisors. He/she will be responsible to manage the entire operations of Exchangerzone, Inc. Exchangerzone operations classified into three separate divisions i.e. The financial division(currency exchange, remittance and other financial services), the investment division and the microfinance division. The COO will be responsible for overall operations of the Exchangerzone, Inc. He/she will assist the CEO in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Exchangerzone, Inc., the Chief Operations Officer (COO) will be responsible for achieving the following objectives and will have the following responsibilities:
|Date Posted:||11 Jul 2017||Reference:||EZ0470717|
|Closing Date:||10 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||International||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implement a 5 year strategic plan to increasing the outreach of Exchangerzone, Inc. through the opening of branches, growth of the existing branches once opened and development of new products with the close cooperation of Chief Business Development Officer of Exchangerzone, Inc. ;
2. Eventually, lead the transformation of Exchangerzone into a leading financial company and lead the transformation of Exchangerzone MFI to a depository taking microfinance institution.
1. Modify/refine the existing products with consultation of CEO and Business Development;
2. Develop new products with cooperation of CEO and Business Development;
3. Implement the products;
4. Evaluate the success of the products launched.
1. Manage all the four divisions of Exchangerzone.
2. Supervise the regional (in Afghanistan and outside) branch managers, assistant managers, tellers, CSO and Loan Officers and provide them with adequate support to make sure that collections are always on time and that the quality of the portfolio remains excellent;
3. Lead the delinquency management strategy, including legal actions against customers and employee when appropriate;
4. Analyze the portfolio on regular basis and make sure it is highly productive and efficient;
1. Recruit qualified and competent operational employees;
2. Provide effective training to all employees based on international best practices with the help of HR, set-up an effective training department with well trained and pedagogical local and international trainers. Employees can also be trained outside Afghanistan;
3. Create job satisfaction and motivating staff through various motivational mechanisms, such as:
(Creating effective bonus system for staff, especially for loan officers, encourage with word and deeds the participation and creativity of the staff in matters related to improving the effectiveness of the organization and their job performance and job satisfaction, career development, training and staff development plans, strengthen the “sense of team and commitment to the mission” within the organization, conduct performance evaluations of the staff reporting to him/her and verify that the supervisory personnel also perform evaluations of their staff in a timely manner according to established procedures).
IMPROVEMENT OF OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES AND COMPLIANCE:
1. Continuously improve the procedures of the Exchangerzone, Inc.;
2. Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise;
3. Prepare new procedures when launching new products or other services;
4. Organizing efficient and safe front office and back office procedures, including but not limited to (marketing & client acquisition credit analysis, loan processing, loan disbursement, loan monitoring and efficient loan falling and over-due management, safe cash management;
5. All kinds of documents, manuals, procedures and regulation implementation;
6. Ensure compliance of Exchangerzone’s activities with the charter/bylaws, with policies, procedures, plans and agreements, with decisions of governing bodies and regulatory agencies of Afghanistan;
7. Insures that all activities and operations are performed 100% in compliance with the internal laws, rules and regulations and regulatory agencies of Afghanistan.
PLANNING, MONITORING AND REPORTING:
1. Together with the CEO and the CFO, direct the preparation of the operations plan and budget;
2. Develop and implement adequate performance reporting;
3. Monitor the implementation of operational, financial and institutional development plans;
4. Create effective mechanism for re-schedule and written off loans.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT OF EXCHANGERZONE, INC:
1. Being an executive committee member of Exchangerzone, participate in general management as defined by the charter and the regulation on management team and executive management committee;
2. Be informed of all important activities and development related to Exchangerzone, Inc. ;
3. Keep all management member and branches informed about the new updates;
4. Present the relevant operations related issues with the management;
5. Participate in decision making related to branches, operations and non-operations activities.
1. The COO support to process the clients’ requests in time as defined in the client contracts and with the level of satisfaction defined in Exchangerzone’s procedures.
1. The COO supervises the services department, and is in charge of the quality and deadlines of services delivered. He/she is in charge of the overall planning for the right delivery of services;
2. Ensure quality customer care.
• This position will report to CEO of Exchangerzone and Group CEO.
• This position manages the senior executive team and is responsible for the performance management and input regarding hiring of senior-level management.
• An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
• This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Decision Making
• Performance Management
• Results Driven
• Communication Proficiency.
• Financial Management
• Strong microfinance experience
• Strong knowledge of Afghanistan banking and microfinance industry
• Good IT & Computing knowledge
• Honest, committed, hardworking and open to learn.
1. Master in Business Administration (MBA) with specialization in Banking and Finance or Investment, Master in Commerce (M.COM), Master in Economics (MA), or related degrees PhD holders will be proffered.
2. Five years of experience in Afghan banking and microfinance sector.
3. Extra diploma in credit management, risk management, microfinance or operations management is an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Business Administration
Qualified applicants should submit their curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a cover letter to Chief HR Officer of Exchangerzone, Inc. at submission emails provided below. Please include the name of position & vacancy No. in the subject line as (EZ0470717) and. No other documents are needed to be submitted unless invited for an interview. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
2. This vacancy is for all nationalities.
3. Applicants with incomplete and inconsistent information to make a determination will not be considered
4. No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained
5. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
6. Candidates who are applying for this position must fully meet the education requirement as specified. At the time of applications, candidates must also meet in full the experience requirement. There is no exception for these requirements.
7. Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide educational documents such as degrees, diplomas, certificates and other pertinent documents as needed. Failure to provide the required documentation will result the rejection of their application from further consideration
8. The Agency retains the full right to cancel or amend the solicitation and associated actions.
Exchangerzone, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All ethnic groups and both genders are urged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|INVENTORY SPECIALIST at DAI||Kabul||29 Jan 2018|
|Advocacy Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|