Information and Public Relation Specialist(872 Views)
About Supreme Audit Office
The SAO is the only Supreme Audit Institution which conducts audit of accounting and financial activities of Government of Afghanistan entities and organizations. The SAO has the mandate to conduct Qatia Financial Audits, Compliance Audits, Performance Audits and special audits on selected government institutions. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the Supreme Audit Office Law.
PFMR-II Project Development Objective (PDO): Include strengthening public financial management in Afghanistan through effective procurement, treasury and audit structures and systems in line with sound financial management standards of monitoring, reporting and control. The project's investments amongst others include support for building skills and improving infrastructure for external audit of the SAO to improve management oversight of its own operations and strengthen external accountability of the executive.
This position will require competences in public relation and information. The selected person will be expected to assist the head or information and public relation department in drafting SAO’s public relation policy and strategy. The person will also expect to provide guidance on information collection process, edit, design, publication and dissemination of information to the relevant staff.
He/she will be responsible to provide training to information and public relation department staff on journalism genres and review public opinions and audience feedback and present the result to SAO officials to take necessary actions, prepare required plans and establish suitable actionable programs.
|Date Posted:||12 Jul 2017||Reference:||SAO/AF/C-20|
|Closing Date:||25 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Government||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected person will have the following duties and responsibilities;
1. Ensure execution of information and public relation department’s policy and strategy in cooperation with relevant departments to clarify objectives, and solutions for existing challenges.
2. Draft the information and public relation procedure that elucidates the mechanisms for achieving information and public relation policy and strategy.
3. Draft monthly, quarterly and annual plan based on the strategy, policy and relevant procedures to accomplish objectives of the department.
4. Provide regular training to information and public relation department staff on information, relationships, and providing professional services for improvement of the work quality.
5. Provide regular training on journalism genres including 1) promotion genres 2) literal- promotional genres 3) irony genre
6. Provide guidance on information collection process, edit, design, publication, and dissemination of written, visual and acoustic information to the relevant staff.
7. Provide guidance on writing editorials, articles, news, reports, interviews and other analytical, quip structures to the staff, and take active part in performing them.
8. Edit SAO news and events in daily news broadcasted through media, reports, and webs and suggesting suitable decisions accordingly.
9. Establish necessary coordination for the reporters’ trips to SAO regional offices.
10. Utilize the latest information and communication technology in delivering news and providing services via SAO website.
11. Review and evaluate public opinions and audience feedback and present the result to SAO officials to take necessary actions, prepare required plans, agenda, establish suitable actionable programs.
12. Ensure media coverage from the meetings, visits, exhibitions, celebrations and internal and external events held by SAO.
13. Coordinate and fulfill national and international media demands for holding interview with the Auditor General and other SAO officials.
14. Draft and present annual program, and the budget of the information and public relation department.
15. Perform any other other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Minimum of ten years’ work experience in related field;
• Proven editorial skills (articles, news, reports, interviews and analytical methods);
• Fluency in English language and ability to use computer programs;
• Knowledge of journalism genres and types, communication and public relation
Master’s degree in Journalism or closely related field (Higher Educational degrees in journalism and communication are preferred)
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Public Relations
The Development Budget Unit of Department of Finance under Supreme Audit Office now invites National eligible consultants to indicate their interest.
Interested eligible candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and are invited to submit their CV (Curriculum Vitae), including their education profile, employment records, description of similar assignments carried out, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, references etc.
The covering application letter should indicate that he meets all the required qualifications and experience (as mentioned above) quoting references to various paragraphs of CV to demonstrate this.
the specialist will be selected in accordance with Section V Selection of Individual Consultants procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May 2004 as revised in October 2006 and May 2014).
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the address below during the office hours 08:00 am to 16:30 pm from Saturday to Wednesday or by e-mail.
Expressions of interest must be sent by e-mail to the address below no later than (25-July-2017) and Write the reference number in Subject of your Mail.
Development Budget Officer
Supreme Audit Office
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Instrument Library Coordinator/Teacher at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|بتعداد 21 بست (3 و4 ) مرکزی و.. at igdk||Multi Cities||11 May 2018|
|رئیس معارف ولایت هرات at وزارت معارف||Herat||28 Apr 2018|