Strategic Communication Advisor(449 Views)
About National Security Council
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors;
• Leading and managing the secretariat of national security;
• Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors;
• Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces;
• Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years);
• Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective;
• Supporting the peace and reconciliation process;
• Consolidating and coordinating security of the President;
• Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The objective of Strategic Communication position is to defend legitimacy of state through media and prepare ground for building relationship and coordination between government and people.
|Date Posted:||12 Jul 2017||Reference:||psu-hr-nsc-001-120717|
|Closing Date:||21 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Develop a six-month detailed action plan for implementing public relations strategy and develop strategic affairs policies for the office of National Security Council (NSC);
2. Regulate and arrange press activities of NSA and ONSC, hold and participate in press conferences to respond to the questions of media and journalists on behalf of NSA and ONSC, when required hold exclusive interviews with media;
3. Participate in all sessions and meetings of ONSC and NSA that require media coverage;
4. Arrange and prepare press coverage for all internal and external official visits of NSA and deputies of NSA as well as arrange and coordinate regular and durable sessions with government spokespersons;
5. Cooperate and provide consultation to the spokespersons of security sector ministries with development of plans and policies;
6. Convey an effective message of government to people through cooperation with office of the spokesperson of president and other relevant offices to implement and develop national communications strategy of government;
7. Maintaining durable communication with media and regularly reflect all activities of ONSC and NSA on social media;
8. Maintain durable communications with press departments of friendly countries’ embassies.
9. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs.
10. Conducts performance appraisal for all their staff according to the requirements of the civil service law and with coordination of the HR directorate;
11. Preparing monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
12. Manages staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard.
13. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The Strategic Communication Advisor would have the following qualification and experience:
• Shall have at-least a bachelor degree from a reputed institution in communication, mass communication, journalism or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
• Shall have 4 years work experience in media, as spokesperson or, in a related field;
• Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
• Shall be proficient in computer applications;
• Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
• Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
• Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
• Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
• Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
“Human Resources, RS Project Support Unit, Office of National Security Council (ONSC), Arg (Presidential Palace,) Kabul, Afghanistan.”
“Attn: HR Unit – RS – PSU”
Contact Number: 0093 (0) 700101242
“Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Please clearly indicate the vacancy title and reference number in the subject if you are submitting your application through email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.”
The RS - PSU is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing chances for employment to candidates and employees without regards to race, religion, creed, age, height, weight, marital status, disability un-related to an individual's ability to perform adequately, national origin citizenship, ancestry, or any other characteristic universally considered to be protected by law. (Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.)
|More jobs in this category|
|Communication Outreach Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Aug 2017|
|Communication and Outreach Lead at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||30 Aug 2017|
|Internal Communications Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Deve..||Kabul||27 Aug 2017|
|Public and International Relation Expert at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|Public Relation Officer at Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industri..||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|National Communication Manager for Education at Equal Access Internationa..||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|