National Legal Research & Curriculum Advisor(904 Views)
IDLO is dedicated to the promotion of the rule of law and works to empower people and communities to claim their rights and provides governments with the know-how to respect, protect and fulfil rights. IDLO implements its mandate by providing training, technical institutional development assistance, produces research and publications for governments, non-governmental organizations, local communities and professional associations.
The national curriculum and research advisor supports the Justice Transition Training Program (JTTP) through legal research and curriculum development. The unit analyze legal publications and criminal justice learning tools.
The end users of tools are Afghan justice institution personnel including the Supreme Court, Attorney General’s Office, Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Interior as well as the wider international legal community. The National Legal Research and Curriculum Advisor externally represents IDLO and use their demonstrated legal learning tool development skills for coaching training personnel from the institutions with a view to strengthening the capacity and confidence of each institution to fulfil its continuing professional development goals
|Date Posted:||13 Jul 2017||Reference:||IDLO/JTTP/8/2017|
|Closing Date:||23 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||2300 to 2500 USD|
|Contract Type:||Special Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Research and Curriculum Team, Legal Research and Curriculum Advisors will be responsible for:
1. Drafting criminal justice skills and knowledge learning tools including curriculum, training presentation and testing tool in English and Dari in line with Afghan law, adult learning principles and the practical performance management needs of justice professionals;
2. Conducting expert research on law and best legal practices from various national and international sources(including Arabic sources), especially on judicial writings;
3. Developing individualized coaching plans and delivering coaching to institutional capacity development personnel to enhance and support their ability to independently develop and maintain effective learning tools and systems;
4. Closely coordinating with IDLO institutional development teams to identify priorities and develop work plans in line with the priorities of the justice institutions and goals of the program;
5. Developing and maintaining accurate learning tool development, research and publication production work plans schedules;
6. Collaborating with senior members of the justice institutions to design and develop responsive legal reference tools based on Afghan law and best legal practices and operational realities of the institutions;
7. Researching, consulting with stakeholders, drafting and representing IDLO legal positions in external fora;
8. Drafting timely high quality weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on progress against deliverables and schedules as well as thematic report (in English);
9. Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the International Research and Curriculum Advisor or Chief of Party.
Conducting legal research from national and international sources;
Demonstrated experience of judicial writing and legal reasoning;
Knowledge of Afghan law as well as Afghan and international legal reasoning standards;
Strong practical skills in applying criminal law and legal administration processes;
Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to listen and respect others and to manage collaborative relationships;
Self-motivated, but also able to work collaboratively and supportively with others;
Ability to take the initiative in task management;
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
Strong computer knowledge and skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet);
Highly organized and capable of managing administrative and project management processes;
At minimum a Shari’a Law or LLB degree.
Additional LLM and adult education degrees will be considered positively.
A combination of least five years of experience as a legal practitioner in the area of criminal law as either a judge, prosecutor, or lawyer or a substantially similar position within an Afghan justice system agency, NGO, or international organization;
Experience applying adult learning principles in a training/capacity building environment;
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CV. Please mark the subject line in your email as “National Legal Research & Curriculum Advisor”.
Please read the above vacancy and make sure your experience and qualification meets the above criteria. Applications not meeting the above criteria will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and a written test if required.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Regional Policy and Planning Officer at UNDP Afghanistan||Kandahar||29 Aug 2017|
|Regional Policy & Planning Officer at UNDP Afghanistan||Nangarhar||29 Aug 2017|
|Senior Legal Officer at Afghanistan Payments Systems (APS)||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|