Deputy Chief of Party(1233 Views)
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.
The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) is a senior level technical management position that provides program leadership, oversight, management and strategic vision. The DCOP works directly with the Chief of Party to implement program initiatives and activities throughout the country, including developing working relationships with ADLALAT counterparts and partners. These counterparts and partners include the Supreme Court and the Ministry of Justice, as well as CSOs and NGOs that work with and support Afghanistan’s justice sector. The DCOP has authority to direct and evaluate staff, develop long and short term strategies to meet programmatic goals, and work across organizational lines to ensure efficient and effective support to ADALAT program initiatives.
The DCOP must focus on technical implementation of the project and will report to the Chief of Party.
|Date Posted:||13 Jul 2017||Reference:||064|
|Closing Date:||28 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages ADALAT technical initiatives.
• Develops, interprets and assures implementation of ADALAT technical program initiatives. Maintains a constant awareness of, and ensures compliance with, Work Plan activities and outputs, schedules, and reporting.
• Establishes effective working relationships with USAID and with ADALAT counterparts.
• Helps develop and execute programmatic activity budgets ensuring activities are properly planned, prepared, executed and reviewed.
• Ensures that ADALAT records are properly managed and documentation regarding ADALAT reporting is stored or otherwise archived according to USAID rules and regulations and Checchi policies.
• Provides guidance, oversight and support to partner organizations implementing ADALAT program initiatives.
• Participates in, and leads when appropriate, the development and delivery of training programs
• Travels to the provinces as required.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Seven years of progressively responsible experience in rule of law or justice-related program development.
• University education in legal studies, management, international development or a related field of study is required at the following levels:
o PhD or equivalent
o Master’s degree
o Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of relevant experience
A law degree is highly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience developing institutional capacity assessments and development plans for justice sector institutions and CSOs.
• Strong bilingual communication skills, including written and oral English and Dari or Pashto
• Ability to develop overall policies and strategies for the organization, identify organizational priorities, and effectively manage human, financial and other resources.
• Strong institutional analytical and development skills, including gender analysis and integration.
• Ability to implement a working leadership model in an organization, maximizing the contribution to the team.
• Strong interpersonal/diplomatic skills and cultural/political sensitivity with the ability to professionally communicate about ADALAT and represent ADALAT at the national and international level.
• Good computer skills e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
• Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Please send your CV and a cover letter that explains your suitability to the position.
-Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and number.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Policy Advisor to MoMP/Policy and Programs De.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Gender Officer at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|