Commercial Law STTA(857 Views)
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.
The objective of the ADALAT (Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
ADALAT/Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc. is looking for a Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) part time to help develop training materials covering commercial laws topics. The technical advisor will work in close consultation with the Commercial Law Working Group (CLWG) at Supreme Court comprising of judges of Supreme Court and ADALAT team. The training materials will be used for future judicial trainings at the Supreme Court, in particular for judges who work in the Commercial Courts and as a teaching manual for the Judicial Education Stage Course.
|Date Posted:||15 Jul 2017||Reference:||066|
|Closing Date:||29 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in weekly meetings of the CLWG
• Develop and draft commercial law training materials
• Report on relevant activities to the CLWG
• Assist the CLWG with the description of commercial laws
• Conduct research on commercial laws and collect and edit materials regarding international standards and Intellectual Property Rights
• Develop and utilize a standard way of citation regarding the sources of the commercial law training materials
• Teach legal research and writing to members of the CLWG
• Conduct Training of Trainers (ToT) to the CLWG members.
• PhD Degree in Law; a Master’s degree will be considered together with considerable experience in developing commercial law training materials
• 10+ years of experience in the field of commercial law or related issues;
• Experience in teaching commercial law at university level. Preference is given to those who have a teaching background on commercial law issues.
• Familiarity with the Afghan judiciary system and court procedures in commercial law cases
• Knowledge of relevant international conventions related to commercial law
• Excellent written and spoken Dari language skills. Knowledge of Pashto and English languages preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Please send your CV and a cover letter that explains your suitability to the position.
-Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and number.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Program Officer for MoMP/Directorate of Donor.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||04 Feb 2018|
|Call for Resumes at DAI||Kabul||05 Feb 2018|
|Monitoring Assistant at United Nations-World Food Programme (UN-WFP)||Multi Cities||27 Jan 2018|
|Programme Associate at United Nations-World Food Programme (UN-WFP)||Kabul||27 Jan 2018|
|Program Officer CBM-Schools at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jan 2018|
|Program Coordinator at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Capacity Building Specialist - Female at Checchi and Company Consulting, ..||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Protection Monitor at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Servi..||Farah||27 Jan 2018|
|QUALITY ASSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE (QAR) at Global Technology||Multi Cities||30 Jan 2018|
|Deputy Chief of Party at GoodWeave International in Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|