Trainer for Communications and Public Awareness Strategy(839 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
In the spring of 2013, the International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (the Women’s Center) on AUAF’s International Campus opened with the express purpose of enhancing women’s participation in the economy. At the same time, the Center has expanded its international ties and its outreach across the country through international and national women’s groups. The ICAWED at AUAF affects broad changes in gender relations and creates sustainable development through a unique agenda of long-term training and mentorship. The aim would is to use knowledge and insight to establish pro-active mechanisms for the mainstreaming of gender issues across Afghanistan by engaging directly with men and women and also to empower women in private sector. ICAWED believes that its facilities, experience, environment, and its fine-tuned approach make the Center the best venue available in Afghanistan to facilitate this Afghan-led effort aimed at altering current gender dynamics.
The International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking through innovative training, education and hand-on-experience in various emerging industries to bolster the role of women in business across the Afghan economy. Through career training and internships with emerging Afghan industries, ICAWED, intends to nurture talent and bolster small business initiatives.
The International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking applications to hire Trainer for Communications and Public Awareness Strategy. In order to smooth the administrative and financial processes, The International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking applicants to hire a Trainer for Communications and Public Awareness Strategy to assist in following areas:
|Date Posted:||16 Jul 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||31 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The trainer must be able to develop a time-line activity chart for planning, conduct and post implementation for each course; explanation of rationale, curriculum and conducting methodology for each course; training programmer, continuous assessments and logistics arrangements required.
• The trainer must be able to by the end of his/her probationary period complete pre, conduct and post course activities for all courses.
• Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others;
• Draft syllabus for the course of 120 hours;
• Any other task assigned by his/her supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Master’s degree in Political Science with minimum 2 years working experience, or Bachelor degree in above mentioned fields with minimum 4 years’ experience, in Social Development and Gender related issues.
• Experience in working with government and international organizations,
• Well experienced in conducting gender related trainings, has undergone a Training of Trainees (TOT) course, and has conducted TOTs workshops, and hence can develop TOT for Gender Mainstreaming and development;
• Appropriate written and oral communication skills, English and Dari/Pashtu;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Trainer for Communications and Public Awareness” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before July 31th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Communications Advisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|