Networking Coordinator(664 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
In the spring of 2013, the International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (the Women’s Center) on AUAF’s International Campus opened with the express purpose of enhancing women’s participation in the economy. At the same time, the Center has expanded its international ties and its outreach across the country through international and national women’s groups. The ICAWED at AUAF affects broad changes in gender relations and creates sustainable development through a unique agenda of long-term training and mentorship. The aim would is to use knowledge and insight to establish pro-active mechanisms for the mainstreaming of gender issues across Afghanistan by engaging directly with men and women and also to empower women in private sector. ICAWED believes that its facilities, experience, environment, and its fine-tuned approach make the Center the best venue available in Afghanistan to facilitate this Afghan-led effort aimed at altering current gender dynamics.
The International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking through innovative training, education and hand-on-experience in various emerging industries to bolster the role of women in business across the Afghan economy. Through career training and internships with emerging Afghan industries, ICAWED, intends to nurture talent and bolster small business initiatives. In order to smooth the administrative and financial processes, The International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking applicants to hire a Networking Coordinator to assist in following areas:
|Date Posted:||16 Jul 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||15 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Networking Coordinator duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for entire segment of works in networking including planning, implementing and evaluating.
• Responsible for developing new relationships and expanding the reach of ICAWED into ministries, organizations, agencies and other aligned entities with the mission of ICAWED.
• Managing overall activities of ‘Seeds of Change’ and ‘business association “Women, Work and Development’’, including designing, planning, implementing and expanding the activities of these networks
• Developing and maintaining ICAWED's community database for all contacts.
• Writing press releases, articles, newsletter and other advocacy materials to support ICAWED's activities
• Updating social media sites of ICAWED on regular basis
• Responsible for maintaining the existing relationships of ICAWED with different organizations and sectors
• Designing and maintaining events calendar and schedule different networking and outreach activities
• Organizing regular networking meetings and events for ICAWED's alumni and increase business women's engagement in these events
• Collecting and developing content for advocacy material such as, brochures, leaflets and factsheets
• Maintain a proper electronic and hard copy file tracking system of all networking documents, including (In/Out) of ICAWED to different ministries and institutions
• Work closely with program coordinator and events officer to ensure community and networking activities are conducted for each program
• Travel to provinces for official purpose when requested
• Perform any other task assigned by Director of ICAWED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Social Science, public administration, or other related field
• Experience in working with government and international organizations specially in women's programs
• Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
• Well experienced in conducting meetings and events
• Appropriate written and oral communication skills, English and Dari/Pashtu
• Administrative work experience is required
• Advanced knowledge of computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Networking Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before August 15th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Outreach and Communication Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||09 Oct 2017|
|Senior Outreach and Communication Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||09 Oct 2017|
|Translator at ASARA Consultancy Services||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Communication Unit Head at CARD-F||Kabul||29 Sep 2017|
|Communications Assistant at Aria Medica||Kabul||24 Sep 2017|
|Communication & Public Outreach Manager at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||23 Sep 2017|
|Communication Officer/Social Media at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kabul||26 Sep 2017|