Office Manager(1313 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
In the spring of 2013, the International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (the Women’s Center) on AUAF’s International Campus opened with the express purpose of enhancing women’s participation in the economy. At the same time, the Center has expanded its international ties and its outreach across the country through international and national women’s groups. The ICAWED at AUAF affects broad changes in gender relations and creates sustainable development through a unique agenda of long-term training and mentorship. The aim would is to use knowledge and insight to establish pro-active mechanisms for the mainstreaming of gender issues across Afghanistan by engaging directly with men and women and also to empower women in private sector. ICAWED believes that its facilities, experience, environment, and its fine-tuned approach make the Center the best venue available in Afghanistan to facilitate this Afghan-led effort aimed at altering current gender dynamics.
The International Center for Afghan Women's Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking through innovative training, education, and hand-on-experience in various emerging industries to bolster the role of women in business across the Afghan economy. Through career training and internships with emerging Afghan industries, ICAWED, Intends to nurture talent and bolster small business initiatives.In order to smooth the administrative and financial processes, The International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking applicants to hire an Office manager to assist in following areas:
|Date Posted:||16 Jul 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||15 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Office Manager Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform as a focal point/liaison between AUAF department and ICAWED
• Proven budgeting and financial management, grants management, and event management skills
• Write letter and documents to government ministries on behalf of ICAWED (in dari language) as directed by the ICAWED Director
• Assist in overall Administrative activities of the ICAWED
• Process and follow up financial , Procurement, and administrative documentation of the ICAWED with relevant department within AUAF;
• Follow up with relevant department for booking flights and accommodation for staff of women center for travels and guests/visitors and advised;
• Maintain a proper electronic and hard copy file tracking system of all documents (in/out) of the ICAWED;
• Assist and facilitate networking and coordination among afghan business women for meeting and/or events at the ICAWED;
• Assist in ensuring timely information exchange with relevant partners and other stakeholders as necessary;
• Prepare minutes and discussion notes of the meeting and discussion with ministries;
• Arrange transport for ICAWED meetings
• Take active part in arranging logistic and administrative issues of events at the ICAWED;
• Report to director of ICAWED on regular basis;
• Travel to provinces for official purpose when required;
• Keep track of movement schedule of the Executive Director of ICAWED
• Perform any other assigned task by Director of ICAWED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A Bachelor’s degree in management or any relevant field. Master degree will be preferred.
• A strong Dari communication is required in both written and spoken
• At least four years of administrative, liaison and program budgeting experience
• Good networking and interpersonal skills in Dari and English languages
• Strong conflict resolution skill
• Willingness to travel nationally
• Great knowledge of computer skills (word, Excel, Power point)
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Office Manager” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before August 15th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Admin Associate at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Nov 2017|
|متخصص اداری ثبت معلومات at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Public Administration Advisor to MoMP Ministe.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Senior Administration Officer at IFRC||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Project Officer – English for Afghans Proje.. at British Council Afghan..||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|